Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippng Companies

Shippng Companies

Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Shippng Companies

Any reccomendations on shipping / removal companes uk to melbourne and how far in advance you need to organise this???
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Shippng Companies

Originally Posted by mcstu1
Any reccomendations on shipping / removal companes uk to melbourne and how far in advance you need to organise this???
hi ya, we are looking at going with pss. got them out to give us a quote quite a while ago and have just kept in contact with them concerning our date for moving (waiting for house to sell ). phoned them the other day and they said they just needed a few days notice to arrange the container and lads to come to dismantal our belongings.
hope this helps
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

HI, we used sevenseas worldwide late last year and they were excellent - we had 5-6 large boxes of stuff, mainly personal items, clothes, CD's etc but also some quite expensive stuff including some art, photographs and a Les Paul guitar.

They were one of the cheapest companies(I got about a dozen quotes) and they did door-to-door service, had excellent customer service and tracking so I knew where my stuff was. It aprrived in less than 8 weeks (from the door of my house in England to the door of my paretns house in NSW). Nothing was broken - the boxes looked to be in perfect order.

I could not recommend them highly enough!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link describing our experiences with John Mason from London to melbourne -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

Buzzy
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about

thanks for that. have john masons coming round next week to quote!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:39 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently we're using Unigroup UTS Worldwide. My friend here who has done numerous international moves has just used them for a local move and said they were the best she's ever used.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

We used PSS which were great, only one broken wine glass. Just make sure who ever you get, check every cupboard is empty before they seal the container. Our container had just left when i discovered a kitchen cupboard full of pots and pans.