Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping your Dog over

Shipping your Dog over

Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:07 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shipping your Dog over

I have a whippet. She only 3 years old and very timid. We even have to give her a table if she travels more than 10 miles in the car. (shakes all the time)

Has anyone brought a whippet over and how were they?

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping your Dog over

Originally Posted by julie hilton
I have a whippet. She only 3 years old and very timid. We even have to give her a table if she travels more than 10 miles in the car. (shakes all the time)

Thanks

Can't help with the whippet but we brought our collie x lab over. He was then same used to shake going in the car with the added vomiting to boot! We used Pet Travel Services in Dumfermline who were really good. I was worried that he would chew through his plastic water bowl on the way over so the managed to get him a metal one as well. Did his stint in quarintine and cam out the other side ok. Was a bit spooked for a while but lots of TLC and he was as right as rain.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stitch
Can't help with the whippet but we brought our collie x lab over. He was then same used to shake going in the car with the added vomiting to boot! We used Pet Travel Services in Dumfermline who were really good. I was worried that he would chew through his plastic water bowl on the way over so the managed to get him a metal one as well. Did his stint in quarintine and cam out the other side ok. Was a bit spooked for a while but lots of TLC and he was as right as rain.

Cheers

Ginny
hi we are in scotland and are taking our two dogs to brisbane can you remember the name of the company.

thanks
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

[Hi

Did you have problems getting rental property with dogs. We seem to be.

Steve
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi Julie

I brought my lurcher (whippet x) out here 2 years ago and he was absolutly fine.

Who are you using...I used Golden Arrow Shippers in Shropshire and they were brilliant.

Sharon
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:20 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
hi we are in scotland and are taking our two dogs to brisbane can you remember the name of the company.

thanks

Hi,

Here's the link to Pet Travel Services.

Cheers

Ginny

http://www.pettravelservices.co.uk/
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by stillinscotland

thanks

Also found this link.

Cheers

http://www.moggies.co.uk/services/pet_move.html
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
[Hi

Did you have problems getting rental property with dogs. We seem to be.

Steve

Hi no the property we got we offered three months rent upfront.

We're in Bayside, Brisbane.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:56 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BandS
Hi Julie

I brought my lurcher (whippet x) out here 2 years ago and he was absolutly fine.

Who are you using...I used Golden Arrow Shippers in Shropshire and they were brilliant.

Sharon
Hello Sharon

There is a company near me that do all the travel. I just hope she will be fine. Unfortunately she thinks she is human.

Thanks
Julie
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sharon

There is a company near me that do all the travel. I just hope she will be fine. Unfortunately she thinks she is human.

Thanks
Julie
Julie

I tink it is a common trait in whippets/lurchers to consider themselves human.

My lurcher, Sky also cannot get to grips with the fact that he is a DOG.

Please let me know how it all goes....I will be thinking about you

Sharon
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:55 am
Got our visas

Originally Posted by BandS
Julie

I tink it is a common trait in whippets/lurchers to consider themselves human.

My lurcher, Sky also cannot get to grips with the fact that he is a DOG.

Please let me know how it all goes....I will be thinking about you

Sharon
Thanks for that.

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:23 am
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I know its horses for courses, but how much are people paying on average to say ship and quarantine a dog the size of a retriever over to Brisbane?

Thanks for any info
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:53 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Ben1
Hi
I know its horses for courses, but how much are people paying on average to say ship and quarantine a dog the size of a retriever over to Brisbane?

Thanks for any info

Ours is a Collie x Lab (collie size). Cost of Pet Exporters approx £2000. Bloods and vaccination (yearly ones WITHOUT the LEPTO) approx £200. Quarintine fees $750 approx and Internal transfer Sydney to Brisbane $300.

Hope this helps

CHeers

Ginny
Old Aug 6th 2006, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Didn't bring a whippet but the 9 year old I bought over was a very nervous dog, screamed the whole time she was in a car, even with medication!! The trip out did her the world of good, she now travels in the car with only the odd outburst. I was worried sick about her but the one who suffered was my laid back Mr Cool spaniel cross. I wouldn't worry, she should be fine.

Thanks