Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping & when to send stuff

shipping & when to send stuff

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile shipping & when to send stuff

Hi
I am moving over to Oz in may and plan to be in sydney to live by the end of june. i was wondering when do i need to send my belongings over and who should i use to ship the stuff over with. i plan on sending up to about 10 boxes-no furniture or anything large. mainly clothes, computer, books cd's dvds, kitchen stuff etc. also, how much will it cost me, roughly? do i need to ship the stuff over a couple of months b4 we plan to be there.
cheers for any help.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping & when to send stuff

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi
I am moving over to Oz in may and plan to be in sydney to live by the end of june. i was wondering when do i need to send my belongings over and who should i use to ship the stuff over with. i plan on sending up to about 10 boxes-no furniture or anything large. mainly clothes, computer, books cd's dvds, kitchen stuff etc. also, how much will it cost me, roughly? do i need to ship the stuff over a couple of months b4 we plan to be there.
cheers for any help.
Hi Threlly

Congrats on getting your visa!!

I've started looking around the forum for views on shipping and have found many useful threads on the subject. One in particular is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=shipping

The above thread concentrates on perhaps a larger sized shipment than you're looking at but it does have some useful thoughts on the various shippers. Also, try typing 'shipping' into the search engine as there are other good threads on which companies are good vs not so good which are useful for helping make your mind up over who to go with.

Good luck

BB
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 2:40 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: shipping & when to send stuff

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi
cheers for any help.
Crown sem to be one of the best as far as other peoplescomments go.

I used crown and they had my stuff 6 weeks longer than the promiced time scale, I had a part shipment so the stuff was in london waiting for other stuff to go in the container. Saying that the service this end was great and to be fair except the actual salesman and the delay they were very good and I would probably use them agian.

Thanks
Kala