Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping !! What happens now?? Where is our stuff!!

Shipping !! What happens now?? Where is our stuff!!

Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping !! What happens now?? Where is our stuff!!

Our relocation company informs me that our container is on a boat which in the last month has repeatedly gone between Liverpool and Antwerp since our belongings were "loaded onto it"
In the last year it has never been to Melbourne, and my wife is concerned what is happening.
It is supposed to be here on the 13 November and I can not seem to find out what its proposed schedule is.

Its difficult, in that we have told our 4 year old daughter that her toys are on this boat and that we could track it. She knows where Australia is on the map and is smart enough to know that the boat is no where near it and I have asked the relocation people what is happening and got fobbed off that "it would be here on the 13th"
Thats not very helpful as I am getting it in the ear from the wife!!

Any advice or help would be fab. We have had no problems since we arrived on the 11th Sept apart from this one which has followed us from the UK..Typical
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping !! What happens now?? Where is our stuff!!

I have had a look around and the journey seems to take at least 5 weeks, so if the boat doesn't leave Europe soon I would definitely be demanding an explanation from the removal company.

It tok me two months to get my stuff back from Bermuda, that only had to cross the Atlantic!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Our stuff went on a ship from Scotland to Holland (think it was Rotterdam rather than Antwerp), then it was offloaded from that ship, and loaded onto another one which goes from there to Australia. Our stuff is somewhere between Holland and Aus just now (due in to Brissie 12 Nov)

Is it possible your removals firm just haven't explained it properly to you?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

my stuff isnt coming from the UK but going there from Perth WA.Its due to be picked up 23 this month.Was told it could take 10 - 14 weeks then 1 week or so to clear customs.When we came here 18 years ago it took 7 weeks all up
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wouldn't worry. 13th November is a month away and if the container ship is doing a straight forward run then it can still make it. If the 13th comes and your ship hasn't, then start shouting and stamping your feet. Oh and don't tell smart 4 year olds the truth about where their toys are - life's too short
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Most european boats get transhipped in Singapore, so could be a bit of await..........mm
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Our shipping company gave us the name of the boat our stuff is on, and I looked up the sailing schedule. No change/delays in Singapore on our one thankfully.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Our shipping company gave us the name of the boat our stuff is on, and I looked up the sailing schedule. No change/delays in Singapore on our one thankfully.
We had the name of our ship too so we could track the progress of it. Our stuff went by train from Toronto to Vancouver then by boat from Vancouver to HK then to Singapore, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne then offloaded in Adelaide. All in it took just about 8 weeks.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

Ours took exactly one calender month to get here, we were over the moon at the speed of it all. Then of course it had to go through customs clearance, we also had the pleasure of paying for the cleaning down of the container, all in all another 3 weeks of waiting this end.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maund family
Ours took exactly one calender month to get here, we were over the moon at the speed of it all. Then of course it had to go through customs clearance, we also had the pleasure of paying for the cleaning down of the container, all in all another 3 weeks of waiting this end.
Im sorry "CLEANING DOWN OF THE CONTAINER" whats that all about?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shipping !! What happens now?? Where is our stuff!!

Originally Posted by australianinleicester
It's when they clean (and follow me closely here) the container.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:33 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

its when customs decide that your container is dirty due to the voyage and decide to wash it at your exspense, and no you dont get any say in the matter just an invoice
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It's when they clean (and follow me closely here) the container.
Ha Ha very funny

If i use a removal company to take my stuff from London to Manchester and it snows on the way am I then to be charged to put the van through the car wash....of course not, its down to the company to wash their own vehicle.

I think he's been ripped off
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Ha Ha very funny

If i use a removal company to take my stuff from London to Manchester and it snows on the way am I then to be charged to put the van through the car wash....of course not, its down to the company to wash their own vehicle.

I think he's been ripped off
I'm sure you do think that. I wonder why, therefore, some thosands of other people who have had exactly the same happen to them over the years have not said anything. Do you not think they would have asked the same question?

Ripped off or not - it can happen to anyone and you have no say in the matter...
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

I guess we are gonna have to wait and see.

However patience is not one of my wife's strong points, wierd considering she is a nurse. Mind you her charges are all unconscious so actually that explains a lot

Will keep you posted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.