Reload this Page >

Shipping tools to OZ

Wikiposts

Shipping tools to OZ

Old May 21st 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping tools to OZ

I am a plumber and shipping my tools over on Monday,how clean do your tools have to be,do they have to be spotless[a bit hard with tools]and do you have to disinfect them as well.Cheers
Old May 21st 2004, 10:49 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping tools to OZ

Originally posted by thfc
I am a plumber and shipping my tools over on Monday,how clean do your tools have to be,do they have to be spotless[a bit hard with tools]and do you have to disinfect them as well.Cheers
Just make sure there is no soil contamination on them, oil and grease are of no importance, do a search on this site for further info................... MM
Old May 21st 2004, 11:14 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking of taking some hand tools.......are you taking any electrical stuff , such as cordless drills etc?

all the best plum
Old May 21st 2004, 11:26 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber
I'm thinking of taking some hand tools.......are you taking any electrical stuff , such as cordless drills etc?

all the best plum
HOW are they hanging plum, still trying to beat sense into the INSENSIBLE ?? .................. MM
Old May 21st 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I was told tools were a no go area because of cross contamination etc.

Have a buyer for them now too

Paul
Old May 22nd 2004, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am also taking my tools with me, i have also just bought a new mobile tool box, as my tools were in several different toolboxes, so i had a good clean up when i did this.

I used this, http://www.customs.gov.au/site/index...=670&area_id=5 as a bit of a guide, though i am unsure as it does not cover tools in general, so any more help from others in the same boat, or who have done it already will be greatly welcomed.

All the best, Mark.
Old May 22nd 2004, 12:31 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

A Plumber, excelant, I'll give you your first job in Melbourne.
Old May 22nd 2004, 12:47 am
Banned

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
I was told tools were a no go area because of cross contamination etc.

Have a buyer for them now too

Paul
IN simple terms , BOLLOCKS, ................ MM
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We brought all of our tools with us with no problems at all. This included a whole tool box full of junk i.e. screws, screw drivers, hammers, bolts, sandpaper etc. Along with lots of electrical tools drills, sander, plane, router, angle grinder etc etc . Also a Black and Decker workmate, ladder and lots of outdoor things, including a tent. We didn't even specially clean anything, just dusted them.

Nothing was impounded or fumigated and it all arrived safetly. DON"T SELL IT BRING IT!
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We were told to clean tools etc. with Jeyes Fluid - seemed to work anyway as hubby is happily toiling away with them now!

Dawn
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

General guide, tools must be cleaned as new, and disinfected, any itm of tools and machinery that may be used outdoors, is generally opened in Oz by customs for inspection, the items will be on the shipping lists , made by your packers
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
General guide, tools must be cleaned as new, and disinfected, any itm of tools and machinery that may be used outdoors, is generally opened in Oz by customs for inspection, the items will be on the shipping lists , made by your packers

Cleaning my tools is not a big problem, but if you have to use jeyes fluid on them then thats a different ball game as that stuff will stink for ages.

Mark.
Old May 22nd 2004, 4:55 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Iam a plumber from Poole, dorset and bought all my tools out last July. I didnt even know that they had to be cleaned, so they came over flithy dirty. The packers accidently packed my propane and map gas and six weeks later, they arrived with the rest of our stuff. Luckily since being here, the tools havent had much opportunity to get dirty!!!!
Wot part of the UK are you from, and where are you going to settle. Rob