Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping timescale

shipping timescale

Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:21 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Question shipping timescale

Hi all
I have a job offer to start next year as a graduate nurse. I have my final exam next fri

We will be putting house up for sale soon and we were wondering what to take such as white goods furniture and also how long the shipping can take and how soon to start getting quotes for shipping companies.

All this stress before the exam eek

Thanks Avril
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: shipping timescale

Hi Avril

It will depend if you use a full or part container. My understanding is that if you use a part container it will take roughly 3 months to get over the water. If you use a full container it is approximately 8 weeks. However, people on here have different stories of containers arriving quickly but customs taking an age to clear.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

We're going to use a sole use 40ft container - we've been quote between 7-10 weeks for shipping (Scotland to Brisbane) then we need to allow some time for it to be cleared by customs.

We didn't bother getting any quotes until we had sold our house.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

We had a 20 foot container, got quotes about 2 months before shipping. Packing took 2 days and container was picked up July 31st and delivered to the Gold Coast October 19th.

There are a few posta and to do lists that I used from this site and i suggest you read them excellent posts with loads of good tips.

Good luck.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Ireland to Brisbane via Rotterdam and Singapore 6 wks all in.I shipped it myself got stung a bit on import charges etc but still worked out about £1000 cheaper than using a Removal company.

Nev