Shipping Time

Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:02 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Time

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long shipping actually takes?

We are just trying to work out our dates as looking at some rentals tommo.

Cheers All

Max & Ed
Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Max,
We've been told 5-7 weeks in transit then its anyones guess at the other end. Anglo Pacific told us 2 weeks at destination but I dont think thats realistic judging from posts on here (thats if it ever gets there )
Michaela
Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Time

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long shipping actually takes?

We are just trying to work out our dates as looking at some rentals tommo.

Cheers All

Max & Ed
Are you going for your own container or shared (groupage)? If the former, should take about 6 weeks actual travel time then however long it takes to clear customs in Oz. If the latter, you have to wait until the container is actually full before they put it on a ship. Your stuff could sit in the UK for 4 weeks or so before the container is full and ready to ship.

When you get your quotes, my best piece of advice would be to ask if they outsource their work. Many big companies outsource packing to cheaper third parties but they don't tell you - you then aren't often getting what you thought you paid for. (This is what happened to me and it was not a nice experience!!)

Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:04 pm

Default Re: Shipping Time

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Are you going for your own container or shared (groupage)? If the former, should take about 6 weeks actual travel time then however long it takes to clear customs in Oz. If the latter, you have to wait until the container is actually full before they put it on a ship. Your stuff could sit in the UK for 4 weeks or so before the container is full and ready to ship.

When you get your quotes, my best piece of advice would be to ask if they outsource their work. Many big companies outsource packing to cheaper third parties but they don't tell you - you then aren't often getting what you thought you paid for. (This is what happened to me and it was not a nice experience!!)

Good luck

Hiya,

We have got 2 companies coming this week to quote as we are moving into rented so I will have to get it done now even though we don't plan to leave till Aug/Sep! The first one is Robinsons and the other Armishaws. Robinsons were talking 40ft on the phone but there is no way we are getting one that big! I would rather ditch some stuff. I have budgeted £3000 and I know it will be more including insurance! I hadn't even thought about that!

I will ask them about this outsourcing - it sounds a bit frightening if you don't actually know who is doing it.

Anyone know of these companies or could reccommend another that would be great.

Cheers

Max
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:12 pm

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hiya Max,
We've been told 5-7 weeks in transit then its anyones guess at the other end. ***** ******** told us 2 weeks at destination but I dont think thats realistic judging from posts on here (thats if it ever gets there )
Michaela
Oh are they the lot that lost Pollys stuff? Won't be getting a quote from them then!!

I am just thinking how to work it timewise - can't rent properly in Aus till we get the furniture so will have to find holiday accommodation for a while that isn't too pricey - other than that will have to stay with mother for a while and don't want to fall out with her before we go!

This is the hard bit isn't it trying to tie it all up

Not long for you now!

Let us know how it goes with the shipping I'd be really interested in how long it actually takes!

Max
Old Feb 1st 2004, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My timeline so far - goods collected from home 15th Oct, was promised they would be sent to London the following week
30th Oct - visited warehouse of ALS (removal firm) - boxes strewn everywhere, chair was sent to them for them to pack - it was being used as a depository for tools !!! Many rude words said!!
10th November - goods sent to London for shipping (long weeks they have in their world!)
16th November - get email saying shipping has left London
24th December - get email saying 3 boxes just been found still in London but rest should arrive Brisbane 27th Dec
29th Dec - having phoned the Aus agents, I find they have no knowledge, send rude email to UK and am told the CORRECT agents! No info on 3 boxes.
6th Jan - informed there is backlog in Customs and goods may take a few more days
15th Jan - informed there is still a backlog but I will definitely have goods by end of month. Still no info on missing 3 boxes,
27th Jan - informed I will be phoned by end of Jan re delivery date. Missing three boxes might be on a ship that might dock during February - but they equally might not cos ***** ******** aren't sure what container they are in.

2nd Feb - no phone calls, no sign of goods, still no news of missing three boxes.

At this point I am not exactly impressed with either ALS (Hove) or Anglo Pacific........
Old Feb 1st 2004, 9:35 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
My timeline so far - goods collected from home 15th Oct, was promised they would be sent to London the following week
30th Oct - visited warehouse of ALS (removal firm) - boxes strewn everywhere, chair was sent to them for them to pack - it was being used as a depository for tools !!! Many rude words said!!
10th November - goods sent to London for shipping (long weeks they have in their world!)
16th November - get email saying shipping has left London
24th December - get email saying 3 boxes just been found still in London but rest should arrive Brisbane 27th Dec
29th Dec - having phoned the Aus agents, I find they have no knowledge, send rude email to UK and am told the CORRECT agents! No info on 3 boxes.
6th Jan - informed there is backlog in Customs and goods may take a few more days
15th Jan - informed there is still a backlog but I will definitely have goods by end of month. Still no info on missing 3 boxes,
27th Jan - informed I will be phoned by end of Jan re delivery date. Missing three boxes might be on a ship that might dock during February - but they equally might not cos ***** ******** aren't sure what container they are in.

2nd Feb - no phone calls, no sign of goods, still no news of missing three boxes.

At this point I am not exactly impressed with either ALS (Hove) or Anglo Pacific........
Give them hell Pollyanna..sound like a bunch of idiots.

Ps. saw the photos - congrats! You looked very happy