Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping - taking xmas dec's,tree and wicker items??

Shipping - taking xmas dec's,tree and wicker items??

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:51 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping - taking xmas dec's,tree and wicker items??

Hi guys,

Anyone know if we can take our xmas dec's, fake trees and wicker items such as lamp shades and baskets?? Not sure if these items are allowed to ship. It's taken years to aquire all my lovely garlands so really hesitant to leave them behind.

*pearly* x
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - taking xmas dec's,tree and wicker items??

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi guys,

Anyone know if we can take our xmas dec's, fake trees and wicker items such as lamp shades and baskets?? Not sure if these items are allowed to ship. It's taken years to aquire all my lovely garlands so really hesitant to leave them behind.

*pearly* x
Hi
You can take artificial xmas trees but you have to chop the pine cones off!
No dried flowers/plants allowed. Not sure about the wicker but I have been told I cant take any woven baskets.
If in doubt get on the AQIS website. They are all listed. If you cant find them, your removal company will give you a list.
Hope this helps!
Lou
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:29 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi guys,

*pearly* x
Wicker is a sore point, if you take it and its a certain kind that they dont like the will charge you to clean it and if you dont want to pay as the cleaning costs more than its worth then they will destroy it for you - at a cost aswell!! so we are leaving it all behind but had one good plan, we had wicker bases on our dining chairs so I made new bases and covered them in leather instaed! The christmas decks is true to, pine cones are out and I aslo heard of someone else having taken plastic painted ones and customs thought they were real and charged them. We go rid off all the cones, real and plastic and berrys etc. Hope this helps, your removal firm should tell you what you can take and what you cant but we found that different companys had different ideas! Pete
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:08 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
The christmas decks is true to, pine cones are out and I aslo heard of someone else having taken plastic painted ones and customs thought they were real and charged them. We go rid off all the cones, real and plastic and berrys etc. :
They (AQIS) can't even tell the difference between real and plastic flowers.....