Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping stuff stright into storage?

Shipping stuff stright into storage?

Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Mankuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping stuff stright into storage?

In preparation for my move in March/April, I will soon be looking into shippers from Houston to Perth. We want to live in the city to start with and feel out the place. I was wondering if only certain shippers can clear your stuff through customs and move it stright into long term storage, or if you have to arrange that yourself after the stuff clears customs.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on a decent, furnished apartment complex in the city? I will be working in 'Australia Place' offices on William Street and wanted somewhere close enough to walk.

Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping stuff stright into storage?

Originally Posted by Mankuna
In preparation for my move in March/April, I will soon be looking into shippers from Houston to Perth. We want to live in the city to start with and feel out the place. I was wondering if only certain shippers can clear your stuff through customs and move it stright into long term storage, or if you have to arrange that yourself after the stuff clears customs.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on a decent, furnished apartment complex in the city? I will be working in 'Australia Place' offices on William Street and wanted somewhere close enough to walk.

Thanks.
Just about every moving company here has, storage facility,s, or on clearence of goods place them in an easy access storage facility, do a search on storage in the Perth phone book.................. mm
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Mankuna is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do, thanks

Is it common for shippers to be able to move a smaller 'immidiate needs' package by air, clear them and make them available for immidiate pick up upon arrival. Granted, it would be costly, but its what I need to do.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Will do, thanks

Is it common for shippers to be able to move a smaller 'immidiate needs' package by air, clear them and make them available for immidiate pick up upon arrival. Granted, it would be costly, but its what I need to do.
Hi Mankuna
Depending on the size of the package it may be worth going via DHL if you need it quickly. We had a suitcase sent (25kgs) and it took a week; I went to the international air terminal to clear it, then a short drive to Beldon to pick it up. If you know exactly what is in the box, and it's AQIS compliant, it will be easy to clear.

Regarding storage in Perth, we used Koala Storage on the way to Freemantle (try a google search) and our clearing agent arranged for the removals, who were Morley Moves Tel 0419 831 479 (C. Passalacqua). We were pleased with Koala Storage; you can get half and whole container sized lockups and there is internet access, coffee machines etc. It's all pretty secure also and you get a code so you can access your stuff easily.

ATB
Larissa
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Will do, thanks

Yes we have contractors send tools over ,so we can have them cleared ready for work, when they arrive.. .............. mm
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Larissa]Hi Mankuna
Depending on the size of the package it may be worth going via DHL if you need it quickly. We had a suitcase sent (25kgs) and it took a week; I went to the international air terminal to clear it, then a short drive to Beldon to pick it up. If you know exactly what is in the box, and it's AQIS compliant, it will be easy to clear.

Hi Larissa,
If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost for DHL to send the suitcase?
Also what sort of prices do the storage companies charge.
Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks
Marie