Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping of sports equipment

Shipping of sports equipment

Old Oct 5th 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Shipping of sports equipment

Hello
Slightly random question here and I thought it might be a good place to start.

I am looking to ship two 40' containers from West Coast USA to Brisbane and then back again. Each container will contain roughly 8 sailing dinghies plus sailing accessories. We have a race in Hamilton Island next March and apparently I have been designated the chief shipping coordinator and I've no idea where to start!

I've done a search on this forum and, understandably since this is an expat site, most people ship personal goods where movers turn up to your house, pack, ship, customs, unpack; however we will pack and unpack the containers (there is a very specific way of getting 8 racing dinghies in a 40' container) and don't need the complex inventory listing etc of a household move.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should go to for a quote. I have already tried contacting Crown just in case they do this sort of thing. Has anyone shipped cars or anything similar and have any tips for me?

Looking forward to visiting Aus next year. Can't wait!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:51 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping of sports equipment

Originally Posted by jackattack
Hello
Slightly random question here and I thought it might be a good place to start.

I am looking to ship two 40' containers from West Coast USA to Brisbane and then back again. Each container will contain roughly 8 sailing dinghies plus sailing accessories. We have a race in Hamilton Island next March and apparently I have been designated the chief shipping coordinator and I've no idea where to start!

I've done a search on this forum and, understandably since this is an expat site, most people ship personal goods where movers turn up to your house, pack, ship, customs, unpack; however we will pack and unpack the containers (there is a very specific way of getting 8 racing dinghies in a 40' container) and don't need the complex inventory listing etc of a household move.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should go to for a quote. I have already tried contacting Crown just in case they do this sort of thing. Has anyone shipped cars or anything similar and have any tips for me?

Looking forward to visiting Aus next year. Can't wait!
Most international movers would be able to handle this move, i am a Allied contractor [SERVA GROUP}we get these sort of requests all the time , one problem you will have is that your container will have to be unloaded into a Bond store on arrival in Australia.
This is so as AQIS can make sure their is no contamination ,on any of the equipment...............MM
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping of sports equipment

Originally Posted by mr mover
Most international movers would be able to handle this move, i am a Allied contractor [SERVA GROUP}we get these sort of requests all the time , one problem you will have is that your container will have to be unloaded into a Bond store on arrival in Australia.
This is so as AQIS can make sure their is no contamination ,on any of the equipment...............MM
Thanks for your response.
One question is that we have been told that we have "special event status" so no carnet or bond is required.

Does that mean that we don't have to go through the palaver that you were mentioning?

Cheers