Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping small dog to Oz

Shipping small dog to Oz

Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:00 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping small dog to Oz

Got a question on behalf of my Mum (emigrating here from Canada on a parents visa one day)
She has a small dog (Jack Russell) that she can't bear to part with.
First - anyone got a rough idea on cost to ship a dog (even costs from the UK would be a good guide)
Second - how long do dogs have to stay in quarantine for?

Cheers!

W.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

JayJay 88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping small dog to Oz

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Got a question on behalf of my Mum (emigrating here from Canada on a parents visa one day)
She has a small dog (Jack Russell) that she can't bear to part with.
First - anyone got a rough idea on cost to ship a dog (even costs from the UK would be a good guide)
Second - how long do dogs have to stay in quarantine for?

Cheers!

W.
Its costing us around £2000 for two jack russells from England to Perth. They stay in quarantine for 30 days (from UK - other countries may be different). I reckon it will cost around £500 for them to stay in quarantine. Our two dogs are going out 2 weeks before us on 16 October, and I am not looking forward to waving them goodbye...