Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping a small box from Uk to Oz

shipping a small box from Uk to Oz

Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:21 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping a small box from Uk to Oz

Hello everyone, I'm an oldie from years back and after a bit of help, hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know of a cheap way to send a very small carton of books from Uk to Oz? Long story short I have the offer of some books which would be very useful for me but sending them via Royal Mail will cost the earth and is not worth it. I have been looking at excess baggage companies but I have no clue which ones are reputable or if there is a cheaper way.

TIA

Mika
xx
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shipping a small box from Uk to Oz

check the cheap courier resellers like collect my parcel. As long as you buy them in the UK (give your friend a couple of quid for them) then they are allowed to transport then as they are goods rather than personal effects
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mika24me
Hello everyone, I'm an oldie from years back and after a bit of help, hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know of a cheap way to send a very small carton of books from Uk to Oz? Long story short I have the offer of some books which would be very useful for me but sending them via Royal Mail will cost the earth and is not worth it. I have been looking at excess baggage companies but I have no clue which ones are reputable or if there is a cheaper way.

TIA

Mika
xx
I've sent parcels of books a couple of times with www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk - cheap and quick
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:28 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you both so much, that is a great help
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

You could sned them by ship if your not in a hurry they will take about 8 weeks thou.

I had to send alot of cloths back from uk last year on my holiday so I did it that way. As I boughts gifts back so had no room for my clothing
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

www.interparcel.com have always been the cheapest company for these sort of parcels

depending on weight / size sometimes it is cheaper to split up as well
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:23 am
Hussy

Thanks so much, I will get my UK friend to find the exact dimensions of the box and I can arrange a quote