Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping skis from the UK

Shipping skis from the UK

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

SideshowJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping skis from the UK

Can anyone recommend a good company or website, that dosnt charge the earth that allows me to send my skis(just skis) from the UK to Melbourne. Im flying Air China and there charging over £100 to take my skis, and only have a baggage allowance of 20Kg. Ive tried some websites like DHL etc but they dont seem to take skis due to the length, which breaks their restrictions.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping skis from the UK

Originally Posted by SideshowJack View Post
Can anyone recommend a good company or website, that dosnt charge the earth that allows me to send my skis(just skis) from the UK to Melbourne. Im flying Air China and there charging over £100 to take my skis, and only have a baggage allowance of 20Kg. Ive tried some websites like DHL etc but they dont seem to take skis due to the length, which breaks their restrictions.

Any help would be appreciated.
Check the baggage allowance, you'll normally find that sports equipment is allowed in addition to your 20Kg limit without extra charges.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

SideshowJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping skis from the UK

Originally Posted by hereshoping View Post
Check the baggage allowance, you'll normally find that sports equipment is allowed in addition to your 20Kg limit without extra charges.
Thanks for the feeback. Ive checked, there is nothing on their website that says. And when you call their call centres you cant speak to a person, all recorded messages. However I recieved an email saying I can take 30Kg and skis are included. BUT...i also recieved a late reply, and this said 20Kg and skis would be seperate and cost. At least I have it in writing from the company stating 30kg and skis included, I just get the feeling that il still get fleeced at the checking desk. Not sure if anyone has had similar experience, prooving it in writing etc