Reload this Page >

Shipping - Scotland to Adelaide

Shipping - Scotland to Adelaide

Old Apr 26th 2022, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

JosDar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping - Scotland to Adelaide

Hello All,

I now its been asked before but I'm looking for recent advice if possible. We are moving back to Adelaide after two and a half years of being in Scotland. (Unfortunately a recent family bereavement changed our plans of being here longer).

We will be shipping back everything and it will be a 40 foot container (sole use) same as coming over here. The shipping quote we have received to date is extortionate; I know prices have gone up and Covid has changed things but its more than twice the price of coming over here. We have arranged another two quotes but they are not happening until next month. Does anyone have recent experience, any advice about prices and recommendations (or who not to use) of shipping companies? Many thanks in advance.

Old Apr 28th 2022, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

daftyduck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping - Scotland to Adelaide

It's not good news I'm afraid. We've had three separate quotes for a 20ft container Glasgow to Adelaide and they're coming in at about £8,000!
Old Apr 28th 2022, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daftyduck View Post
It's not good news I'm afraid. We've had three separate quotes for a 20ft container Glasgow to Adelaide and they're coming in at about £8,000!
If that's door to door, includes insurance and packing then that seems very reasonable. If it's self pack and port to port, then not so much.
Old Apr 28th 2022, 4:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daftyduck View Post
Cripes, it's gone up a lot! We came back to Oz in 2018 and paid just over 4,000 pounds door to door Liverpool - Perth for a 20ft container. The removal guys did all the packing, I had to leave the room when they were packing my undies drawer because I was embarrassed
Old Apr 28th 2022, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Cripes, it's gone up a lot! We came back to Oz in 2018 and paid just over 4,000 pounds door to door Liverpool - Perth for a 20ft container. The removal guys did all the packing, I had to leave the room when they were packing my undies drawer because I was embarrassed
Shipping prices are through the roof at the mo. £8k for Scotland to Oz seems good in comparison to quotes we've had for shipping to the east coast of the US though.
Old Apr 29th 2022, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

JosDar is an unknown quantity at this point

The first quote we received as I said is for a 40 foot sole use container. It's door to door with packing by the shipping company and its just under £16,000. We paid about £8000.00 two and a half years ago to come back to Scotland from Adelaide. We did not insure with the shipping company on the way over and will not do again on the way back. We insured through Letton Percivaland it was pretty easy to organise (Ian was fabulous). I'll see how we go with the other two quotes in May. Might be interesting to some but the shipping companies seem to prefer a 'video' quote. I'm not particularity keen as whats to stop them saying on moving day its more than they anticipated and then hitting you up for further charges. (even though you've shown them your complete home belongings in the video quote).