Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping saga continued...6 weeks now

shipping saga continued...6 weeks now

Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down shipping saga continued...6 weeks now

Ugh,

Our shipment is still at Brisbane. Kent have not arranged an inspection yet with quarantine, and now have refused to answer my emails or confirm they will not charge us for storage in the mean time. They will only confirm Customs have not charged any storage fees. They won't even give me a managers name or contact details! Have found one on their website and am awaiting a response to my written complaint. Not fun. Could have shipped it back to England in this time

Stella
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping saga continued...6 weeks now

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Ugh,

Our shipment is still at Brisbane. Kent have not arranged an inspection yet with quarantine, and now have refused to answer my emails or confirm they will not charge us for storage in the mean time. They will only confirm Customs have not charged any storage fees. They won't even give me a managers name or contact details! Have found one on their website and am awaiting a response to my written complaint. Not fun. Could have shipped it back to England in this time

Stella
Get on to the AIMA and copy the letter to Kent's - that might make someone take notice. Did you write to this guy - Simon Maclennan - National Operations & Customer Service Manager - would also copy to the chairman. No harm in the whole company knowing your dissatisfaction Good luck
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I emailed Simon MacLennan and got an out of office until mid March. So forwarded the email to the HR manager and asked that she direct it to a manager who is here and can action it!

Who are the AIMA???

Ta,
Stella

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Get on to the AIMA and copy the letter to Kent's - that might make someone take notice. Did you write to this guy - Simon Maclennan - National Operations & Customer Service Manager - would also copy to the chairman. No harm in the whole company knowing your dissatisfaction Good luck
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I emailed Simon MacLennan and got an out of office until mid March. So forwarded the email to the HR manager and asked that she direct it to a manager who is here and can action it!

Who are the AIMA???

Ta,
Stella
Sorry, had a quick look for Kent and got to them via AIMA. So they are members. Don't know what sort of association it is, might be old boys network or it could be something that actually helps.

Australian International Movers Association
PO Box 7104 • Baulkham Hills BC • NSW 2153 • Australia
Telephone: (+612) 9659 4299

Good luck
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh,

Stella
Sorry to hear about your delay, I know how you feel, ours was waiting on the wharf for 3 weeks before it was dealt with and that was bad enough.

We did incur storage charges but not from customs,from the owners of the wharf the container is sitting on, in our case P and O. We were told that the containers are allowed to sit on the wharf for 5 days then after that charges start up. It was these charges that were passed onto to us.

I can't understand why yours has been sitting there for 6 weeks unless its for the same reason that we were given and customs had not issued the release papers so the shippers couldn't move the container.

Good luck, I hope you get some news soon.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Brings back some memories..............our shipment was stranded at freo. Th bloke who we had dealt with back in the UK to arrange the shipping hadnt paid any of the bills, although we had paid him upfront. Therefore all our shipment was 'frozen' until he coughed up. He wasnt in any hurry. We had paid him, we were in Oz and he was in the uK.
The whole situation can become a nightmare. Hope things sort themselves out.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Yer, I don't think it is because of any of those reasons - least I hope not!!!

Got Bert to call Kent just before 5 today (as I would just loose it if I called). He got someone who 'doesn't normally answer the phone'. She explained that they only have small storage area for where containers can be put ready for quarantine inspection. She said there are still at least two full 40ft containers in front of ours and she doesn't know how many 20ft ones. Said no additional charges for storage apply, but have not got this in writing.

Again cannot give us any idea of timeframe. It will probably have an anniversary there the way things are looking

Basically Kent have taken on more business than they can handle which is pure profit for them, whilst we have to endure the delay. Then when Bert reminded her that after it is checked it then needs to be delivered to us in Mackay, she was 'Mackay! hmm, right, yes well....'

By the time we get our stuff it will be obsolete! Probably better to move to Brisbane and live in the container. sigh.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: shipping saga continued...UPDATE

Well today is the first positive news in the shipping drama -

One of the senior managers from Kent in Sydney called me, very aplogetic for all the delays and lack of communication, and has arranged the following -

Our shipment to Bond Store on Monday
Quarantine inspection Tuesday
Final customs clearance Wednesday
Moved up to Mackay Friday
Hopefully delivered Saturday or Monday week

Feels so much better knowing it is finally on it's way. Just need quarantine to clear it!!!! Fingers crossed all goes to plan....