Shipping Rocks

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Shipping Rocks

Hi all,

Probably a strange question this but has anyone ever managed to ship rocks into Australia. By rocks i mean large crystal specimens and geodes. I have been collecting them for 20 years now and dont want to sell them because were migrating (besides all the opal came from oz in the first place ).

They are all clean as they have been taken from a display cabinet problem is some are just too fragile to wash.

any ideas?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Rocks

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi all,

Probably a strange question this but has anyone ever managed to ship rocks into Australia. By rocks i mean large crystal specimens and geodes. I have been collecting them for 20 years now and dont want to sell them because were migrating (besides all the opal came from oz in the first place ).

They are all clean as they have been taken from a display cabinet problem is some are just too fragile to wash.

any ideas?
Hi,

Have a good look on the AQIS Icon database here. Most things that have some quarantine restriction are there.

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/homecontent.asp

Mark
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:40 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi all,

any ideas?
Well my sons arrived in one piece but thereagain they where in with his toys and no one bothered to check and they where not listed. So many get bought in wholesale into Aus I can't see why you can't bring them over yourself.
Jen
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:55 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

any ideas?
We brought a few small rocks and chrystals and a large fossil with us without hassle. Snake skin different story that held up the whole container for a week.

Think you can bring a lot more than they make out and get away with it... were told by Pickfords to ditch loads then other people brought same stuff in, if you have a dishwasher but everything you can through that a few times and should be clean enough.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:32 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annqldau
We brought a few small rocks and chrystals and a large fossil with us without hassle. Snake skin different story that held up the whole container for a week.

Think you can bring a lot more than they make out and get away with it... were told by Pickfords to ditch loads then other people brought same stuff in, if you have a dishwasher but everything you can through that a few times and should be clean enough.
What about lava rock? We have loads on our water fall. We brought them from Iceland.

They would look lovely around our pool on OZ.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:20 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
What about lava rock? We have loads on our water fall. We brought them from Iceland.

They would look lovely around our pool on OZ.
You are all demented for sure!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

any ideas?
I am just in the process of filling out the Customs/AQIS Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement (B534) and noticed in Section 8 there is a box asking about "Soil or Earth or goods containing soil, earth, rock or mineral samples" Guess you need to declare them and let AQIS decide their fate.

Mark