Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping quotes very strange!!!!

shipping quotes very strange!!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping quotes very strange!!!!

well so far 2 down and 3 to go!!!Very odd though as John Masons reckon 70% of a 20ft container and Doree bonner reckon virtually a full 20 ft container for the same stuff!!!!!

Anglo pacific coming tomorrow!!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 11:47 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping quotes very strange!!!!

Originally posted by scottalison6
well so far 2 down and 3 to go!!!Very odd though as John Masons reckon 70% of a 20ft container and Doree bonner reckon virtually a full 20 ft container for the same stuff!!!!!

Anglo pacific coming tomorrow!!!!!

Hi
We had four companies round & ended up with quite different views on the amount of space required. Two said full 20ft containers, & two said 3/4 filled 40fts.... it's just a guessing game I think !!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

All this talk of 20' and 40' containers made me wonder if I could imagine my stuff in one. A quick google later and this is how big a 20' one is. I presume the norm is for back door opening only, so I thought this pic gave a better idea of what you would be getting for your dosh

Last edited by CHnJ; Mar 2nd 2004 at 6:36 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:43 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CHnJ
All this talk of 20' and 40' containers made me wonder if I could imagine my stuff in one. A quick google later and this is how big a 20' one is. I presume the norm is for back door opening only, so I thought this pic gave a better idea of what you would be getting for your dosh

That's quite useful!

D'you reckon you could live in a 40 footer, with aircon?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rog Williams
That's quite useful!

D'you reckon you could live in a 40 footer, with aircon?
Only if it was as clean and tidy as this ; )