Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping quotes - How Soon to Start?

Shipping quotes - How Soon to Start?

Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping quotes - How Soon to Start?

Hi!

My husband and I are moving to Brisbane next May and wondered when is best to start getting quotes - don't want to start too early but then it may take a while to get them all in??? Would be good to hear your timelines if you have moved or are in the process!

Thanks!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping quotes - How Soon to Start?

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
Hi!

My husband and I are moving to Brisbane next May and wondered when is best to start getting quotes - don't want to start too early but then it may take a while to get them all in??? Would be good to hear your timelines if you have moved or are in the process!

Thanks!
Hi there,

We are off beg feb 08 and we are getting pss round for a qoute next month but the qoutes only last a month so it will only be an idea of the costs you will still have to go through the same again nearer the time.

Also if you get one qoute and they tell you the amount of cubic feet you will need i belive you can just e mail the other companys for an off the cuff qoute just for a guide line.

I have spoken to some companys and they say they only really need a month to sort it all out anyway.

Another thing is that you really do need to know what you are gonna ship for an accurate qoute, we keep changing our minds from taking everything to taking little as poss.

Gonna have to make our minds up soon i guess.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:02 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
Hi!

Thanks!
They usually need two weeks notice for packing.

So i expect a couple of months before hand will be fine

Also get 2-3 quotes, you wil be suprised at the difference
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Issie
They usually need two weeks notice for packing.

So i expect a couple of months before hand will be fine

Also get 2-3 quotes, you wil be suprised at the difference
hi, just want to add to this really, we was going to sell everything we own and totally start afresh in oz. But have now decided to take most of our stuff with us, do shipping companies come and pack all your stuff for you?? how do you get it at other end???
never even used a removal firm to move house in england!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
hi, just want to add to this really, we was going to sell everything we own and totally start afresh in oz. But have now decided to take most of our stuff with us, do shipping companies come and pack all your stuff for you?? how do you get it at other end???
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=shipping

hope this works never done it before but take a look at buzzy's thread theres pic too.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:21 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
They pack everything for you........colour code it from each room.
Once at destination , they will deliver it to you door and unpack it again and put pack into appropriate rooms.

They will also allow stoarage use if needed at a cost too ( in the event that you will not be ready for your stuff )