Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Quotes - Advice Please

Shipping Quotes - Advice Please

Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice
Default Shipping Quotes - Advice Please

Please could someone offer advice?

I know the usual suspects to approach for shipping quotes...but when should I approach them for quotes?

Our house goes on the market at the end of this week. Should we be asking people to visit us to provide quotes now or wait until we've had an offer on the house? From searching these forums I see that there's often a few weeks between making the initial enquiry and getting thm to the house for a look around to provide the quote.

Advice???

Regards
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping Quotes - Advice Please

You can get a quote when you like, but they are only valid for a certain period, 30, 60 or 90 days depending on the company. The reason is freight charges change frequently.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Please could someone offer advice?

I know the usual suspects to approach for shipping quotes...but when should I approach them for quotes?

Our house goes on the market at the end of this week. Should we be asking people to visit us to provide quotes now or wait until we've had an offer on the house? From searching these forums I see that there's often a few weeks between making the initial enquiry and getting thm to the house for a look around to provide the quote.

Advice???

Regards
Hi there

we phoned the big 5 companies in out area and all of them were available to come out either the next week or the beginning of the following week (this was in November) we are now just making our mind up and our furniture is getting shipped the last week in February. Hope this helps some.

Nikki
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:49 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

If your not having a full container make sure you look at the amount of space they are quoting on, and if you have to go back to them and ask to re-quote on the same amount of space. You’ll be surprised how this can change things.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 2:05 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get quotes when you've got definite dates for your house sale. By that, I mean, have a buyer and have a completion date set. Then get your quotes and you'll be able to have a definite date for transport.