Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping quotes for 40ft

shipping quotes for 40ft

Old May 1st 2005, 4:29 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default shipping quotes for 40ft

Just thought I'd post our quotes for 40ft container for anyone interested. Prices door to door Middlesbrough to Adelaide.

Richardsons £6182
Pearsons £6020
Bishops move £5758
Mr shifter £6790
Allied Pickfords £5463
K x
Old May 1st 2005, 4:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping quotes for 40ft

Originally Posted by kendra1
Just thought I'd post our quotes for 40ft container for anyone interested. Prices door to door Middlesbrough to Adelaide.

Richardsons £6182
Pearsons £6020
Bishops move £5758
Mr shifter £6790
Allied Pickfords £5463
K x
Just a wild guess, but I presume Mr Shifter, whoever he is, won't be shifting you!
Old May 1st 2005, 4:35 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just a wild guess, but I presume Mr Shifter, whoever he is, won't be shifting you!
Mr Shifters quote did include insurance, but he got vote of no confidence, as he was only here for 30 mins, and all he wanted to talk about was the car, as his mate has just bought one.
Old May 1st 2005, 4:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kendra1
Mr Shifters quote did include insurance, but he got vote of no confidence, as he was only here for 30 mins, and all he wanted to talk about was the car, as his mate has just bought one.
Not really the sort of guy you would trust with your worldly goods then! Perhaps his mate has a boat too, and does the shipping for him
Old May 1st 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Our quote from Crown for 20ft sole use 'reefer' conmtainer; Brentwood to Adelaide, including insurance, (which includes mould & mildew, pairs & sets and something else I forget) = £5200

Haggled and got it down to £4,800 (£400 saving good me thinks for just one 'phone call).

Every confidence in them - very professional thus far.

PSS came in lower - but this was for a 'self-quote' - no visit from rep - too insignificant a shipment.... Not v. impressive.
Old May 1st 2005, 9:19 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olive101
Our quote from Crown for 20ft sole use 'reefer' conmtainer; Brentwood to Adelaide, including insurance, (which includes mould & mildew, pairs & sets and something else I forget) = £5200

Haggled and got it down to £4,800 (£400 saving good me thinks for just one 'phone call).

Every confidence in them - very professional thus far.

PSS came in lower - but this was for a 'self-quote' - no visit from rep - too insignificant a shipment.... Not v. impressive.

FORKIN HELL ! does anyone want to start a syndicate where we can like split it 10 ways ???
Old May 1st 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
FORKIN HELL ! does anyone want to start a syndicate where we can like split it 10 ways ???
??

that's what it costs for a small, 2 bed home (no beds) but otherwise every darned pot and pan. To be packed and shipped and arrive safely.

My friend moved their 3 bed home just 7 miles down the road in the Uk and paid GBP1800 (and they packed themselves!).

At least I am making a commitment to Australia (i.e. I can't afford to do this twice!).
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:03 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Olive101
??

that's what it costs for a small, 2 bed home (no beds) but otherwise every darned pot and pan. To be packed and shipped and arrive safely.

My friend moved their 3 bed home just 7 miles down the road in the Uk and paid GBP1800 (and they packed themselves!).

At least I am making a commitment to Australia (i.e. I can't afford to do this twice!).
We had a quote for sole use of a 20 foot reefer container from Shropshire to brisbane with John mason, and it came in at £3135.
White and company were £3200
Both quotes included packing by the shippers.

Neil
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by neil.b
We had a quote for sole use of a 20 foot reefer container from Shropshire to brisbane with John mason, and it came in at £3135.

Neil
Neil,
Your quotes, are they based on the entire 20ft being packed solid with your stuff. Judst vtrying to work out there cost. had Crown quote me £4300 for 20ft container. Packed solid, but sgtill alot more than your quote
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:19 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Neil,
Your quotes, are they based on the entire 20ft being packed solid with your stuff. Judst vtrying to work out there cost. had Crown quote me £4300 for 20ft container. Packed solid, but sgtill alot more than your quote
Yes. The quote is for the shippers to wrap[ everything up, drop the container on our drive and pack it.Get it to brisbane, clear customs, unpack in our new house and dispose of rubbish. Its the whole package except for insurance.

Neil
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Neil
WE had a quote for John mason for a 20ft container from B'ham to Brisbane and that was £3555, starting to think that they just pluck a figure from the air.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:31 am
paradise in the redlands

Originally Posted by karenjc
WE had a quote for John mason for a 20ft container from B'ham to Brisbane and that was £3555, starting to think that they just pluck a figure from the air.
Give them a ring, and see if they will drop the price based on the info that i've given. If you want a copy of the quote, drop me a pm and I'll scan it for you.

Neil.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Give them a ring, and see if they will drop the price based on the info that i've given. If you want a copy of the quote, drop me a pm and I'll scan it for you.

Neil.
We have spoken to another firm and the initial feedback is that they will be quite a lot cheaper than the quotes that we have had so far. Once the gaffer sorts the kids out i can PM you with there number if you would like
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:39 am
paradise in the redlands

We have spoken to another firm and the initial feedback is that they will be quite a lot cheaper than the quotes that we have had so far. Once the gaffer sorts the kids out i can PM you with there number if you would like
That would be great Karen. Thanks very much, Always looking for a better quote as long as a decent service is provided.

Neil
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Karen,
Hope i can join your club here and see the other quote you got. Would be grateful if you could send me the details.

Thanks
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.