Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Wikiposts

Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Just in case anyone is interested:

Recent quotes for a 20ft container from Bristol - Melbourne:

Robinsons - £3,592
Doree Bonner - £3,612 (but sent through a 10% discount - so the cheapest)
Bishops Move - £4,260
John Mason - £3,956

Never got to see PSS - they changed the appointment twice and then the rep was on holiday for ages.

We are choosing between the first two - I think they are cheaper because they have local depots.

We'll let you know how we get on!

Cheers
Rachel
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:41 am
Just Joined

OOOIwannagosoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Originally Posted by The Crow

Robinsons - £3,592
Bishops Move - £4,260
John Mason - £3,956

Never got to see PSS - they changed the appointment twice and then the rep was on holiday for ages.

We are choosing between the first two - I think they are cheaper because they have local depots.

Cheers
Rachel

We got £3400 from Excess and they give us a discount if we have any last minute bags to go. They have conters in all the Heathrow Gatwick and Manc airport terminals.

Rep was impressive with some real whizz estimating computer so we're confident there wont be any extra to pay for.

Fingers xd. Just got 2 sell the old house now...

LOL

)

BTW the PSS and Anglo reps said that 7 seas are not bonded so don't use them....
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:58 am
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice
Smile Re: Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Robinsons - £3,592
Bishops Move - £4,260
John Mason - £3,956

Cheers
Rachel
Hi,
Would you know if your container was insulated. I work in shipping and we set up insulated containers for jobs that are being used for " personal effects " .

cheers
Ged
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Quotes for 20ft Container

Robinsons - £3,592
Bishops Move - £4,260
John Mason - £3,956

Cheers
Rachel
My friend who used to work for a US shipping company told me some horror stories about container ships that pass through stormy seas.

Apparently, rule of thumb is: light stuff on top and heavy stuff on bottom which ironically means that in heavy seas that it's the light stuff that might well end up on the "bottom"....

Not that I want to worry you or anything...