Reload this Page >

Shipping Question

Shipping Question

Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:57 am
Mikey82

Mike82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Question

Hi all!!

We have managed to let our house out fully furnished and are looking to take 4no boxes weighing approx. 10-15kg with us in January.
I was jus looking to find out if anyone had any experience of shipping such small items over to oz and if they can recommend who to use?

I have been told it would work out more expensive shipping on shared container, would anyone agree/disagree with that?

Ta in advance

Mike
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Question

Originally Posted by Mike82
Hi all!!

We have managed to let our house out fully furnished and are looking to take 4no boxes weighing approx. 10-15kg with us in January.
I was jus looking to find out if anyone had any experience of shipping such small items over to oz and if they can recommend who to use?

I have been told it would work out more expensive shipping on shared container, would anyone agree/disagree with that?

Ta in advance

Mike
for such a small amount amount 4? then look in to airmailing them
Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:10 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

http://www.parcel2go.com/parceldelivery-world.aspx

only way forward for me do a online quick quote i have used them loads including a few to AU and they are great
  • Pick up from door (after they have checked the contents and then you seal up)
  • you already have the tracking info because you have printed the ticket off yourself and stuck it to the item
  • watch the van man drive off up the street
  • click online and watch it move across and out of the country
  • quick stop off in Dubai and Asia maybe then on to AU destination
  • only took 4 days for my last couple of parcels that way and thats door to door

Bargain

Dougie
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:51 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We sent 2 boxes and 2 suitcases, about 70-80kg total. We used excess baggage. Just turned up at the airport with the boxes, got them weighed, paid just over £300 for it. Then had to pick them up from the jetta office in Sydney. We had to pay a further quarantine and handling fee but cant remember how much perhaps another $200.

Took 2 weeks from drop off to being told I could collect.

www.excess-baggage.com