Reload this Page >

Shipping and PSS

Wikiposts

Shipping and PSS

Old Aug 15th 2003, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping and PSS

For what its worth I am just posting that PSS have been here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, packed up our stuff and shipped it and the service and professionalism of the packers was excellent.

Highly recommend them.

That is unless our stuff is now at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Cheers all
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, 3 days? You must have had a lot of stuff! They just told me my meagre possessions would only take a day to pack

Ben
Old Aug 15th 2003, 2:35 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ben.M
Wow, 3 days? You must have had a lot of stuff! They just told me my meagre possessions would only take a day to pack

Ben
PSS are packing ours over 2 days for around 800 cu ft. Nice to hear some positive stuff about them, seeing as we've just booked them!

Cheers
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

PSS are coming to ours monday, tuesday and wednesday to pack our stuff sounds like we'll have the bacon rolls ready!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:31 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks for that folks PSS have been top choice for me (with another close second) since February so it is nice to hear good things three times about them. They advised me it would take three days in all for 20ft private container.

Mr M how long does this take to UNPACK at the other end??????
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:29 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We're going to be booking removals on Monday and at the moment PSS are coming out on top with their quote.

Has anyone had experience of the overall service once they arrived in Oz?

Steph
Old Aug 15th 2003, 12:43 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Thanks for that folks PSS have been top choice for me (with another close second) since February so it is nice to hear good things three times about them. They advised me it would take three days in all for 20ft private container.

Mr M how long does this take to UNPACK at the other end??????
depends on how nice you are to the crew..{coffee'timtams etc ] just kidding, we can {3guys} unpack a 20 in a day 6-8 hrs depending on access, remove all wrapping and remove debris ,unpack all cartons ,to bench top,{if you pay for valet service ,they actually put it away}.......... MM
Old Aug 15th 2003, 12:49 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
We're going to be booking removals on Monday and at the moment PSS are coming out on top with their quote.

Has anyone had experience of the overall service once they arrived in Oz?

Steph
just ask them what company they are using in oz, the biggest companys here are, GRACE, WRIDGEWAYS, ALLIED PICKFORDS, smaller but ok are KENTS, CHESS, ITS.............some of the small family companys are ok but dont ship enough overseas to warrent much attention................ MM
Old Aug 15th 2003, 6:19 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thank you Mr M As ever you give the the info fast and clear We appreciate your efforts.

I took a look at the 20 ft containers while in Zeebrugge recently and am now having a fit that our stuff won't fit. Getting another firm in www.overseasshipping.com (I think) to come really for a comparative quote but also to get a size update - as we have been rethinking and loosing some items. They are so busy they can't come until 6th Sept.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

PSS have come in with the lowest quote for us £3042 for a 20ft to Brissie then up to Sunshine coast.

John Mason have lowered their price a bit in response from £3215 to £3126. So only £84 difference. But PSS offer 2 weeks free storage in Brissie and their quote includes driving a bit further NOrth to the Sunshine Coast. Still pondering which one to go with as they both have good reputations.

I know John Mason use Grace Brothers in OZ, who do PSS use - any ideas??
Old Aug 15th 2003, 11:51 pm
too busy to work members

Originally posted by tinaj
PSS have come in with the lowest quote for us £3042 for a 20ft to Brissie then up to Sunshine coast.

John Mason have lowered their price a bit in response from £3215 to £3126. So only £84 difference. But PSS offer 2 weeks free storage in Brissie and their quote includes driving a bit further NOrth to the Sunshine Coast. Still pondering which one to go with as they both have good reputations.

I know John Mason use Grace Brothers in OZ, who do PSS use - any ideas??

Kent removals in NSW but Mr M said they also use others of good repute
Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry I have just checked their quote and it includes 2 weeks free storage in the Uk, not in Brissie.

Thanks for the info Yafm.