Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping prices war

shipping prices war

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping prices war

well good news for all i think, have had a good quote from pss and are thinking of taking it however..... allied who came in over a grand dearer have been ringing us up and reevealuating their quote...

have come in so far over 500 under their original quote and are now considering matching pss quote

will let you know of the outcome

ps have a viewer doing a second visit on weds so fingers crossed for us

arlene
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

What a coincidence. We also had quotes from PSS and Allied Pickfords. (Crown also). PSS were the cheapest by around £800 if I remember correctly... it was a little while ago now. Anyway PSS nor Crown came back to us, only Allied did. You know the thing, just to see how things were going and if we had made a decision yet etc.
We told them that they were more expensive than PSS but not by how much and lo and behold he rang again a month later and was prepared to negotiate on a price similar to PSS.

Really liked the guy from Allied Pickfords... just felt right..if you know what I mean !

Good Luck on Wednesday Arlene... got fingers, knees etc etc crossed