Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping power tool batteries by sea?? Help!!!

Shipping power tool batteries by sea?? Help!!!

Old Jun 25th 2013, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Getmebacktooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping power tool batteries by sea?? Help!!!

I need some help,

I'm trying to ship my power tools by sea to Australia as I'm an electrician, the problem is all of my power tools are battery powered mainly lithion ion and one Ni-Ca battery my shipping company ( seven seas ) says no batteries are allowed what so ever in the boxes that I'm sending because if customs found them they would confiscate them and charge to dispose of them! Does anyone know a way around this? Or any advise would be greatly appreciated !!!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 11:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping power tool batteries by sea?? Help!!!

Thread moved as this is a better area to get you some answers

My tools travelled, batteries and all, and customs inspected nearly all my shipment. If your packers wont ship them though, all I can think of is sending the tools, and taking batteries in your luggage - or shipping them separate if that's allowed.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for quick reply, what shipping company did you use? We are trying to use seven seas but it just says "no batteries at all" and they couldn't really explain it any further when we tried ringing them.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 12:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Getmebacktooz
Thanks for quick reply, what shipping company did you use? We are trying to use seven seas but it just says "no batteries at all" and they couldn't really explain it any further when we tried ringing them.
I used John Mason's from the UK. Can't recall getting asked about battery tools - I only have a couple of drills and screw drivers as the rest are corded, and it's not on the declaration paperwork. I shipped martial arts weapons, and the packers forgot to mark which boxes they packed them in, so customs opened about 80% of my shipment to find them and never confiscated the batteries.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Just rang seven seas again & apparently it is fine to ship why they couldn't tell us that yesterday I don't know! Cheers for help
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Getmebacktooz
Just rang seven seas again & apparently it is fine to ship why they couldn't tell us that yesterday I don't know! Cheers for help
No worries - Good luck with the move. Where are you headed?
Old Jun 25th 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant future

Was going to say I shipped all my tools ( I am a carpenter) no problem and when I left the final few were sent air mail no problems at all.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 7:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of shipping firms will give the easy option - especially if you are just talking to a rep. The same with food, they often argue no food can be imported - its simply because its easier for them. The batteries may need to be declared, that's all, and it means the company just has to take more care ready up on some regulations.
Absolutely no reason why they can't be shipped