Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping with Pickfords

Shipping with Pickfords

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:25 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping with Pickfords

Someone from Pickfords is coming out on Friday to give me a quote. Can anyone tell me of any good/bad comments towards them? Anyone recommend any other ones so I can get a couple of quotes?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping with Pickfords

Originally Posted by Granger
Someone from Pickfords is coming out on Friday to give me a quote. Can anyone tell me of any good/bad comments towards them? Anyone recommend any other ones so I can get a couple of quotes?

PSS, Crown and John Masons all seem to get lots of great feedback. We're going with PSS. There's a thread just started about them on here.

But do a search on various companies and you'll get masses of info.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
We had John Masons out yesterday, got Pickfords on Thursday and PSS next week, will let you know how they compare.
John Masons seemed really professional, but haven't got the quote yet

Let us know how you get on.
Cheers
D
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:29 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I used Pickfords about a year and a half ago, on the whole they were OK, good initially, slow packer (1guy), women on the phone very helpful.
Ship didnt leave when it was supposed to...
Ship didnt come straight to Perth like we were told it would, it went into Singapore and then from the online tracking I found it went up to Japan!
Pickfords UK end werent helpfull in telling what had happened, said it was now down to the Perth end, Perth end were so rude when I rang up the first time (well the guy was a Brit ) Finally after speaking to the manager I found out that the shipping company had dropped the line straight to Perth and my stuff had been unloaded in Singapore and was waiting a connection through to Perth... It all turned up about 6 weeks late, nothing lost or damaged thankfully.
PSS seem to be the flavour of the month at the moment, my parents are going to use them early next year.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:41 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we used Pickfords back in May, packers were good....3 blokes worked for 5 hours solid....had a couple of breakages tho........our comp was damaged and a picture.......funny thing was that the computer was all very well packed in different boxes soooooo how they all got broken.....hmmm me thinks the whole container had been dropped at some srage along the line.......anyways I took out Pickfords insurance and wow what a service I got from them.....notified them of the breakages, by e-mail, they e-mailed me a claim form....i filled it in on comp and sent it back , then i got 1 quote for computer and because the other stuff was valued below £100 per item i didnt need quotes.....i scanned it in and sent them....hey presto 3 weeks later a letter ssaying I had been awarded $2000....hehe new comp comes on Friday.

When they tell you about the insurance dunno if it is still 3.5%....i told them to sod off with that so they reduced it to 3%
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean you had a reply from them??? I emailed them when I was looking around for quotes and it took them 3 months to respond to my email!!

Our things were already on the ship on its way to Australia......
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Pickfords sucks, I had my whole bloody container impounded for three months thanks to some smart arsed bird and her big mouth, then they refused to do anything about it, I had to get it released, some cock up with customs.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:04 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Pickfords UK I found fine, though not great about getting information out to you - Pickfords this end absolutely RUBBISH. They have lost some of our things and they don't care at all. We have been able to claim on the insurance (not through Pickfords) but there was some sentimental stuff and also some stuff which the Bloke packed in that he shouldn't have (records, receipts etc)