Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Pets Domestically

Shipping Pets Domestically

Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Pets Domestically

Let this be a lesson to all British women - never marry an Aussie!

Next weekend I am making the move up to Brissie. My plan had been to drive up with my dog arriving on Sat evening. A transport company is taking all our furniture etc over the weekend.

Hubba is already in Brissie and having just spoken to him he has requested that I bring up the plasma so he can watch the Grand Final in comfort on Sat night. While that is bad enough doing the measurements my car is not big enough to take the dog and the TV...........my wonderful hubba therefore wants me to ship the dog (feel like shipping the husband........)

Anyone got any idea roughly what it will cost to fly a 7.5kg dog from Canberra to Brisbane. He has his own create. (I know I can get a quote tomorrow but I need to call the haulage company first thing with a completed list so don't really have time to do a phone round of pet transport companies first)

Sorry this was a long post for a relatively easy question!

Ta
Lou
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Pets Domestically

Originally Posted by louH
Let this be a lesson to all British women - never marry an Aussie!

Next weekend I am making the move up to Brissie. My plan had been to drive up with my dog arriving on Sat evening. A transport company is taking all our furniture etc over the weekend.

Hubba is already in Brissie and having just spoken to him he has requested that I bring up the plasma so he can watch the Grand Final in comfort on Sat night. While that is bad enough doing the measurements my car is not big enough to take the dog and the TV...........my wonderful hubba therefore wants me to ship the dog (feel like shipping the husband........)

Anyone got any idea roughly what it will cost to fly a 7.5kg dog from Canberra to Brisbane. He has his own create. (I know I can get a quote tomorrow but I need to call the haulage company first thing with a completed list so don't really have time to do a phone round of pet transport companies first)

Sorry this was a long post for a relatively easy question!

Ta
Lou
Personally I'd tell the hubby to get of his bum and go hire himself a tv for the weekend while you drive up with the dog!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm inclined to go with Pollyana's view - but if you have to ship the dog then give Dogtainers a call - they'll give you a quote within a few minutes and they are absolutely fantastic.

Failing that tell him to go to the pub to watch the match - if he can find one thats not showing the Broncos-Storm game.

Careful you don't slip and drop the tv while you're loading it into the car.....that would just be awful
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
Careful you don't slip and drop the tv while you're loading it into the car.....that would just be awful

but why can't the movers take the TV with everything else?

Anyway we used Dogtainers from Sydney to Bris they were very helpful http://www.dogtainers.com.au/domestic.html can't remember exact price think it was about $80??

Last edited by shears; Sep 20th 2009 at 12:12 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shears

but why can't the movers take the TV with everything else?

Anyway we used Dogtainers from Sydney to Bris they were very helpful http://www.dogtainers.com.au/domestic.html can't remember exact price think it was about $80??
Because the poor man want to be able to watch some sporting event on it about 2 days before the shippers will get it to Brisbane......I'd like to hear the dog's views on the subject.......
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:13 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not put the dog through a flight if I didnt have to. It would be cheaper to hire a TV for the weekend and far kinder on the dog.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:18 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'd have to side with the hubby. I'm not a dog lover myself, so if I was in his shoes I'd be looking for ideas to keep the hound away for as long as possible.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your posts - even that last one (cruel man!) The cost sold it in the end $130 for the dog no extra charge for the TV........this leads me to lesson 2 for all british women - Aussie men are not flash with the cash!