Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping pets AAARGH

Shipping pets AAARGH

Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping pets AAARGH

Originally Posted by shiels
Yes. The dog is a staffordshire bull terrier and the a large long haired tabby. We have days when we wonder if its taking them is the right thing to do............C x
Me too. The dog is a great dog, but it is SO MUCH money! And there is no guarantee that things will be better for him over there - I'm not sure how restrictive the rules might be about where we can walk him, plus he is curious and fearless so is bound to go and investigate any snakes/spiders etc.... I will be so cross if we fork out all the cash, he does the flight and the quarantine and then he eats something poisonous! And then there is the heat...

But we took on the committment of the dog when we got him as a puppy, and he is still young, and he is 'part of the family' now - so he's coming. Hope it's the right thing to do, as I really don't think we could afford to ship him back again!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

we are taking our rottweiler dillan to the gold coast via sydney quarantine with golden arrow, they told me they needed 4-6 weeks notice to sort things, they have applied for his importation permit for us and have sent a letter of the blood tests he has to have and the date he has to have them, seems straight forward to me

costing us £2,809 + £174 for collecting him + quarantine costs and the blood tests he has to have with our vet.

shell
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:50 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShellnTez
we are taking our rottweiler dillan to the gold coast via sydney quarantine with golden arrow, they told me they needed 4-6 weeks notice to sort things, they have applied for his importation permit for us and have sent a letter of the blood tests he has to have and the date he has to have them, seems straight forward to me

costing us £2,809 + £174 for collecting him + quarantine costs and the blood tests he has to have with our vet.

shell
Even i dont understand our quote now!!!! your quote is more than ours is for our dog and cat C x
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:53 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Well we wont know if it was the right thing until we've done it will we!!!! Im more worried about taking our cat than dog, really not sure what to do about her C x
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Does anyone know rough costs of 2 x staffies (averge size) all in. We pick up from sydney and take back upto Brisbane in motorhome with us,kids for a holiday.

Carol

Ps. don't need cost for holiday back with us from sydney up to bris!

Carol
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:05 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cartel
Does anyone know rough costs of 2 x staffies (averge size) all in. We pick up from sydney and take back upto Brisbane in motorhome with us,kids for a holiday.

Carol

Ps. don't need cost for holiday back with us from sydney up to bris!

Carol
We paid £2,250 for our 2 Staffies... That included collection, 3 days in the shippers own kennels, delivery to airport & final vet check... On top you've got the UK vet blood tests, quarantine in Eastern Creek and Import Permits to sort...

HTH