Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping to Perth..How Long???

Shipping to Perth..How Long???

Old May 29th 2004, 9:39 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to Perth..How Long???

Hi All,

Does anyone have an idea how long shipping to Perth is taking at the moment?

Things are getting confusing here! Ed has wangled not starting his new job till Oct 11th and we are not flying out till 29th Sept but our letting agents have just thrown another spanner in the works by asking if we would move out before end of August as owners want to sell up. I have the shippers booked for 17th August at the moment but this would mean we would be without our things for a while. Anyone got an idea?

Max
Old May 29th 2004, 10:09 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

We've just moved over from Northern Germany and our stuff is (finally) being delivered on Monday.

Its taken 8 weeks door to door. Container was packed in Flensburg on 2nd April, booked onto a ship in hamburg on 7th April, Arrived in Melbourne 5th may, transhipped to Freemantle and arrived there 12th May. Customs went in and inspected the container last week. AQIS were in On Friday and as I said we are finally getting our stuff on Monday (31st May).

There was a slight delay on customs side cos they couldnt find a Knife that we had declared (special Military knife that Chris was presented with from the Gurkha regiment when he was in HongKong), but that probably only added about a week onto the timescale.

We were told by our german shipping company 6-8 weeks before we would have our stuff and they were pretty much on target with their estimate.

Distancewise hamburg and London should be about the same to Perth, so you are probably looking at similar timeframes (hopefully minus the knife hassle).

It would be worth asking your shipping agent if the container is direct to Perth or transhipping from another port as direct would save you about a week, based on our experience of having to transship.
Old May 29th 2004, 10:13 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

our stuff set sail september 18th from uk and we got it delivered here 5th november...thats through customs etc....shipped with crown relocations...excellent service both ends!
Old May 29th 2004, 10:19 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys

The thought of having our stuff there when we move into rented is appealing..so is saving the £750 a month on renting this delightful house!..but can I live with my Mum till end of Sept..now theres a question!

Max