Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping PC's and printers

Shipping PC's and printers

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default Shipping PC's and printers

Hey guys,

haven't posted in this forum for a while cos I'm too busy living it up in Brisbane Working like a dog would be more accurate

A thought occurs tho, maybe a bit late for some but here it is all the same. When you ship your PC make sure that you take the cover off it before you pack it, and pack the big empty space inside with something. Bundled up newspaper will work. I didn't and the hard drive came loose inside and spent the journey to Brisbane rattling around on the motherboard. The insurance company didn't want to pay either cos they said that there was no physical damage to the outside of the PC. I'd insured it for a grand and finally got £750 out of them after a year's worth of emails.

Also, take the ink cartridges out of your printer before shipping. I had a magenta belly for a week because I didn't. Not to mention the mess it made of the printer itself.

And for any sparkies reading this, 15 months, God knows how many courses and how many dollars later, I finally got my Contractor's Licence in the post today.

I'm gonna treat myself to a beer or ten.

Andy