Reload this Page >

Shipping Packers in the morning - any advice

Shipping Packers in the morning - any advice

Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping Packers in the morning - any advice

Hi all,

I got Anglo pacific Packers coming in the morning to start the packing. We have sorted as much as we can without actually packing it. what's peoples experiences? Did you hang over them? Did you just leave the house and leave em to it? We have listed EVERYTHING in detail, put it in a spreadhseet with all valuations and sent this off with the official Liability form.

They have given 2 days to pack, do they turn up on first day with a large van and start packign it, or do they just turn up first day, pack in house and load van on last day only?

Cheers

James
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Packers in the morning - any advice

Hi

We had Pickfords do ours.

They arrived very early on the 1st day and just started packing, we moved out to MIL that day. The only thing we done was empty the loft of the stuff we were taking, and tidied the kids rooms, so they had no horrible surprises. I was still working and kids were at school so we left them to it.

Was quite glad I wasn't there as when I returned later in the day to lock up there were boxes and stuff everywhere. I let them in early the next day and the container arrived about lunch time for them to load. I just watched them load the container and sign the docket and that was it. Oh! I did need to check that everything was packed. It was a strange feeling to see all our stuff disappear, knowing where it was heading and that you would have to wait about 2 months before you got it.

Did the compnay not explain how they done it?

Hope all goes well and good luck!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

They probably did, but I was at work when they visited, so it was just the wife, and she has no idea what time they're arriving? said to me tonight - what time do you think they'll arrive? i just looked blank? Never mind...got loads of docs and stuff from em, can't remember anything stating what time, just dates.

I realise they'll come in and pack etc, just wondering what the experience is like.....i'm just not sure what to expect that's all.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

The first thing they do is ask where your keys, passports and important items are so they dont pack them... move or pile up anything NOT to be packed.... then they will have a quick look around to assess what is going. Mine packed room by room piliing the boxes up and they were left there until the second day which was just finishing the packing and loading teh truck.

I was pretty much still sorting whilst they were packing lol... make sure you keep mugs out and kettle for cups of tea and dont forget the bacon butties.

Remember to make sure everything is clean - shoes etc hoover... pile all the shoes up so they go in one box... i had shoes in pretty much every room and all of those boxes got opened.

I also piled up anything else that was likely to be opened up together.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Oh expect it to be hectic... they are very quick and fast, you will be surprised. Just make sure you get the kettle on every so often - they appreciate it.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks homewardbound.

Certainly sounds like an experience.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saxtonj
Thanks homewardbound.

Certainly sounds like an experience.
It is indeed. We were amazed at the speed and professionalism of our packers (Excess Baggage). On day 1 they arrrived at about 7.00am and packed everythign except our bedroom, and the kettle . On Day 2 the container arrived and they loaded all the boxes, plus packed up the remainineg bedroom and loaded that too - they were gone by midday on the second day. The main suggestions they had were:

1. Don't get everythign form the kitchen out of the cupboards, drawers etc - they like to pack cupboard by cupboard as they go along. It might seem helpful but actually just is a hindrance.

2. Don't panic if they pack something you realise you need - they have a pretty good memory of which box everything went in to, and each box is initialled with who packed it.

Enjoy the fun!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:38 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

I thought it was going to be a stressful time but it was wasn't. The guys knew what they were doing and so I just left them to it. Just hung around to make sure everything went OK, made tea and cold drinks. Sat twiddling my thumbs most of the day. Good bunch of guys with a great sense of humour. Everything was packed quickly and carefully. Good luck
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:26 pm
Banned

rosewall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I got Anglo pacific Packers coming in the morning to start the packing. We have sorted as much as we can without actually packing it. what's peoples experiences? Did you hang over them? Did you just leave the house and leave em to it? We have listed EVERYTHING in detail, put it in a spreadhseet with all valuations and sent this off with the official Liability form.

They have given 2 days to pack, do they turn up on first day with a large van and start packign it, or do they just turn up first day, pack in house and load van on last day only?

Cheers

James
Hi guys,
when are you leaving? and what airport do you fly to.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:43 pm
Banned

rosewall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Cheers

James
Hi guys,
Just wondered when you were leaving, and where you are flying into.
If you are going to Brisbane and need car hire on arrival, look up WWW.actionrent-a-car.com. They are very good and dont have loads of hidden charges, they also do free baby seats and sat navs.

Good luck....