Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping our Doggies

Shipping our Doggies

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough
Question Shipping our Doggies

We are planning on using Airpets to ship our 2 Golden Retriever dogs over to Sydney for there quarantine & wondered if anyone had any comments about them or if there is another company we should consider.

Thanks all

Phil K & Family
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping our Doggies

I used Airpets when I moved to Bermuda and I used Golden Arrow when I moved to Australia, although I got a quote from Airpets for Australia too.

So, second move I went for Golden Arrow because they were cheaper than Airpets and have some very good comments on here. They were indeed very nice people and everything worked out just fine.

However. When cats arrived in Australia, I could not help but notice that the container they were in was far smaller than the one that Airpets had provided for Bermuda, which made me a bit sad as they were in these crates for five times as long more or less. I can only speculate that the smaller container went some way to explain the proce differential as it goes off volume.

So my conclusion, they might not be the cheapest but are a very good option.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Thank You for that information, I will check out Golden Arrow and see what they say about crate size for our 2 girls as they are quite big at 30kg each.

We really need to know that the dogs are getting the best care until they arrive in Sydney.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about

We used Golden Arrow to ship our GSP over to Perth, they were really good with him and he's a big dog, 38kgs.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Hi, We used Ryslip in Berkshire to ship our Golden Retriever over in September, they were really helpful and answered any questions we had, they had him at their kennels for a week before he flew over and he was really well looked after, would highly recommend them they were brilliant.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

spoeke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bushy
We used Golden Arrow to ship our GSP over to Perth, they were really good with him and he's a big dog, 38kgs.
Bushy, we are contemplating moving back to Perth in a couple years time. Our GSP is only 4.5mths old at the moment, was just wondering if there's anything you could recommend to make the transport easier on them? Such as crate training or things like that?

Also, do you mind me asking how much Golden Arrow charged you (maybe via PM if you don't wanna post it publicly)? Not sure how heavy our GSP will be when we move but judging by the size of her paws she's also going to be a big girl

Thank you!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bushy
Thanks Bushy, will be checking them out
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
Hi, We used Ryslip in Berkshire to ship our Golden Retriever over in September, they were really helpful and answered any questions we had, they had him at their kennels for a week before he flew over and he was really well looked after, would highly recommend them they were brilliant.
Hi, Thanks for your help, I will check Ryslip along with Golden Arrow.

Did you have any problems with your Golden settling in to Oz ?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mike-S will become famous soon enough

We used www.p-e-t-s.co.uk back in September to ship our Springer to Melbourne, very good service right the way through the process even when we had to change the drop off to have them deliver the dog to Heathrow at the last minute.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-S
We used www.p-e-t-s.co.uk back in September to ship our Springer to Melbourne, very good service right the way through the process even when we had to change the drop off to have them deliver the dog to Heathrow at the last minute.
Thanks Mike,

How did your Springer cope with the quarantine time?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Mike-S will become famous soon enough

Seems to have coped fine, we took the option not to visit her during the quarantine and that was probably the best (hardest for the wife) thing we did, as the dog just bounced out of the place when we got there. It's not made her scared of kennels, which was our fear. There were a couple of massive thunderstorms whilst she was in quarantine and she survived those OK as well (we have a gundog that's scared of loud noises )

Originally we were to drop her off at Heathrow when I took the wife for her flight and they were going on the same flight. Then the dog ended up getting bumped to 2 days later which meant I couldn't take her to Heathrow, so I dropped her with White House with the crate they'd delivered and they took her across. All very last minute and they were brilliant.

The crate's are *massive* by the way, so be aware of that for delivery to the airport purposes. Ours just fitted in the back of a Ford Focus with the seats down and me wedged against the steering wheel.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:42 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice

We used Ryslip for our Kerry Blue and they were great. Just be aware that if your dogs are due for their boosters near to the time they're travelling, there's a part of it that they shouldn't be given as they will fail their blood tests for Australia so make sure you inform your vet. Can't think which bit it is (lepto ?) but I'm sure someone else will let you know.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Phil K
Hi, Thanks for your help, I will check Ryslip along with Golden Arrow.

Did you have any problems with your Golden settling in to Oz ?
Hya, no problems at all, he coped absolutely fine with the flight and then did his "time" in quarantine fine too, although he had always gone into kennels since being a puppy to get him used to it so think that helped a lot, I was worried he would be bothered by the heat but we arrived in September when it wasnt hot and by the time it got warmer he just adapted gradually to it, he loves it here and thoroughly enjoys his daily walks on the beach.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

mrslowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
My husband and I are moving to Perth in Sept and we want to take our 7 month old lab (she will be one when she moves). I was hoping to hear from more people on how their pets coped with being in a crate for 30 hours?

Also how did your pets handle being in quarantine for 30 days? Did you feel they were well fed and looked after? How do they now cope with living in the heat (I live in Scotland)?

I am really worried about this.... but I can bear the thought if leaving my pup behind.

Any experiences that you could share would be greatly appreciated and really helpful.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richab
We used Ryslip for our Kerry Blue and they were great. Just be aware that if your dogs are due for their boosters near to the time they're travelling, there's a part of it that they shouldn't be given as they will fail their blood tests for Australia so make sure you inform your vet. Can't think which bit it is (lepto ?) but I'm sure someone else will let you know.
Thanks Rich,

Yes thats very good advice and we did know about the lepto problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.