Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping our dog from Sydney to Brisbane

Shipping our dog from Sydney to Brisbane

Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Philhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping our dog from Sydney to Brisbane

Hi everyone, it's me again...

I seem to be asking a lot of questions at the moment, so thanks in advance for your help and ongoing support.

We need to get our black Labrador from quarantine in Sydney to us in Brisbane. We had initially thought about driving down to collect him; however this now seems impractical now we are actually here.

Can anyone recommend a local pet carrier based in Brisbane for the job? Secondly, what is the potential cost?

Thanks,

Phil
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:02 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping our dog from Sydney to Brisbane

couple of years ago we flew 2 dogs and a cat from sydney to brisbane and used Dogtainers. Absolutely superb and think it cost around $400 but not too sure

Neil.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:10 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Dogtainers Sydney to Brisbane, excellent service, would recommend them
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Philhowe
Hi everyone, it's me again...

I seem to be asking a lot of questions at the moment, so thanks in advance for your help and ongoing support.

We need to get our black Labrador from quarantine in Sydney to us in Brisbane. We had initially thought about driving down to collect him; however this now seems impractical now we are actually here.

Can anyone recommend a local pet carrier based in Brisbane for the job? Secondly, what is the potential cost?

Thanks,

Phil
Phil

Another vote for Dogtainers from me. We used them to fly two cats from Sydney to Adelaide a couple of months ago.

Hills Boy
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Philhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one to say thanks for the recommendation to use Dogtainers.

Murphy is on his way....

Phil & family
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:19 am
Just Joined

beatts is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Dogtainers to fly our Lab and Retrevier from Sydney to Brisbane then drive them from Brisbane to our house in the Goldcoast at a total cost of $900. This was the total price for both dog's and that was 4 month's ago. It would have cost us more to hire a van etc and drive to get them ourself's.
Hope this help's you out, also we phoned Sydney quarantine and the recomended a couple of courier's to do the job.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
We used Jetpets in August for my Manchester Terrier and Miniature Dacshund dogs from Sydney to Brisbane. Total cost 235.00 dollars. Brilliant service and would recommend them totally. Worth getting quotes from a couple of carriers.
Tracey
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickandtrace
HI
We used Jetpets in August for my Manchester Terrier and Miniature Dacshund dogs from Sydney to Brisbane. Total cost 235.00 dollars. Brilliant service and would recommend them totally. Worth getting quotes from a couple of carriers.
Tracey
I totally agree. We have shipped dogs around Oz etc loads of times, as breeders and owners.

JetPets everytime !!!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for the alternative recommendation. I have contacted Dogtainers and got a quotation for just over $400 to the airport for pickup. I will try Jetpets this weekend.

Just while I’m talking about my dog, when / how do you receive notice as to the release date, I assume a letter will be sent to the contact address in Australia we used on the import documentation?

Thanks again,

Phil (Looking forward to seeing Murphy again)
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:16 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the alternative recommendation. I have contacted Dogtainers and got a quotation for just over $400 to the airport for pickup. I will try Jetpets this weekend.

Just while I’m talking about my dog, when / how do you receive notice as to the release date, I assume a letter will be sent to the contact address in Australia we used on the import documentation?

Thanks again,

Phil (Looking forward to seeing Murphy again)
Dont go with Dogtainers, unless:

1. you see the crate and are totally happy with it.
2. you get to see dog from departure area.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Timber Floor Au,

Can you expand on your comments, I'm concerned now?

Phil
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:34 am
Banned

Hi Timber Floor Au,

Can you expand on your comments, I'm concerned now?

Phil
Just search the forum, we have answered this on many occasions mate.

Essentially, DogTainers crates are SHITE !

You wouldnt put dead chickens in most of them, and even then they would be cramped !
To drop dog off at airport, more often than not, DogTainers requires that you enter the main airport with the dog, and check it in like hand luggage.

Furthermore, they are pretty crap, not inexpensive... so ok fine if thats all people have used, but we have used most companies, and Dogtainers in my experience are utter crap
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

we are using dogtiners on friday for tilly from sydney to brisbane $290 will let you know how it goes. The crate that is being used is the one she flew in from uk so should be ok as paid extra for slightly bigger one also put half a role of gaffa tape around it just incase!!!!!!! any mishaps at the airport.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tillysmum
we are using dogtiners on friday for tilly from sydney to brisbane $290 will let you know how it goes. The crate that is being used is the one she flew in from uk so should be ok as paid extra for slightly bigger one also put half a role of gaffa tape around it just incase!!!!!!! any mishaps at the airport.
good onya, and thank god it wasnt airpets as according to some on here, but not related on the news, you need a bungee cord attached to the crate also !!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:34 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Dont go with Dogtainers, unless:

1. you see the crate and are totally happy with it.
2. you get to see dog from departure area.
We used Dogtainers but used the crate that we had from the UK. They kept it for us in Quarintine. No problems and on happy dog.

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.