British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   shipping - only need to take a small amount (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shipping-only-need-take-small-amount-306097/)

ali south May 31st 2005 5:48 pm

shipping - only need to take a small amount, how do we do this

Hi,

have been reading about people paying for a 20 ft container, we need to ship the equivilent of about 6 tea chests. We are not going to bother with furniture.

Has anyone just shipped a small amount like this and how much did it cost. This will mainly be our keepsakes etc.

Thanks Tara

ali south May 31st 2005 6:36 pm

Re: shipping - only need to take a small amount, how do we do this

Originally Posted by ali south
Hi,

have been reading about people paying for a 20 ft container, we need to ship the equivilent of about 6 tea chests. We are not going to bother with furniture.

Has anyone just shipped a small amount like this and how much did it cost. This will mainly be our keepsakes etc.

Thanks Tara

bump

Ransi May 31st 2005 6:51 pm

bump

You need to phone some shipping companies and get quotes for a shared container.....I cant see it being much though....I would be interested to know how much also,as im not sure if were taking any furniture....
Ransi :)

noregrets May 31st 2005 7:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks Tara

Hi tara

My tea chests arrive tommorrow from seven seas world wide - not used them before but they have been mentioned on this site. I have been quoted 411.00 for 6 tea chests and 2 book boxes door to door (lake district to gold coast. 8 to 10 weeks. Each box must not weigh more that 40 kg.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/uk/

george

ali south May 31st 2005 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by noregrets
Hi tara

My tea chests arrive tommorrow from seven seas world wide - not used them before but they have been mentioned on this site. I have been quoted 411.00 for 6 tea chests and 2 book boxes door to door (lake district to gold coast. 8 to 10 weeks. Each box must not weigh more that 40 kg.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/uk/

george

Thanks George
pounds or dollars??
Tara

noregrets May 31st 2005 7:42 pm

Thanks George
pounds or dollars??
Tara

Pounds !! also check out parcelforce if you need anything to arrive quickly and that is valuable - Im sending My Pc with them for 180 pounds (my pound sign has already migrated!!) insured for 1500 pounds and arrives in 3 days.

george

Im not joking I can not locate my pound sign 33333##### its been replaced with the hash key but the hash key is ||||\\\\\\ ? any suggestions ???

wargod May 31st 2005 7:59 pm

Pounds !! also check out parcelforce if you need anything to arrive quickly and that is valuable - Im sending My Pc with them for 180 pounds (my pound sign has already migrated!!) insured for 1500 pounds and arrives in 3 days.

george

Im not joking I can not locate my pound sign 33333##### its been replaced with the hash key but the hash key is ||||\\\\\\ ? any suggestions ???

Try going to control panel -> Keyboard Properties -> Input locales - change, and check the keyboard is set on English (United Kingdom)

noregrets May 31st 2005 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by wargod
Try going to control panel -> Keyboard Properties -> Input locales - change, and check the keyboard is set on English (United Kingdom)

thanks for that but my control panel does not give me a keyboard properties option - bloody xp - bring back the comadore 64 or even better the sinclair spectrum, ahh well my dollar sign is working perfectly $$$$$$$ must be a good omen.

george

ali south May 31st 2005 8:32 pm

thanks for that but my control panel does not give me a keyboard properties option - bloody xp - bring back the comadore 64 or even better the sinclair spectrum, ahh well my dollar sign is working perfectly $$$$$$$ must be a good omen.

george

your replies have made me chuckle tonight - thanks -
I will ask the techies when I get back to work if they know the answer to your dilemma!
Tara

Toontje May 31st 2005 8:35 pm

Try pressing 1 5 6 on the numeric part of your keyboard while holding down one of the alt-buttons.

ali south May 31st 2005 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
Try pressing 1 5 6 on the numeric part of your keyboard while holding down one of the alt-buttons.

IT WORKS IN THE UK!

I tried this

hold alt and keep holding down
press 1 then 5 then 6 and keep down
release all of them and finally you get a £ sign
Tara

noregrets May 31st 2005 8:45 pm

â–ˆ

Originally Posted by Toontje

OMG ££££££££££££ £Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£ how did you know that you cyber wizard you ?

thanks

george

vivi Jun 1st 2005 6:19 am

â–ˆ

OMG ££££££££££££ £Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£Â£ how did you know that you cyber wizard you ?

thanks

george

nah nah nah nah nah £££££££ $$$$$$$$$
ViVi :D

mr mover Jun 1st 2005 7:26 am

Hi,

Thanks Tara

TRY here TARA www.excessbaggage.com do an on line quote ,solve your problem.......... :beer: mm

ali south Jun 1st 2005 8:03 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
TRY here TARA www.excessbaggage.com do an on line quote ,solve your problem.......... :beer: mm

thank you