Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping from NZ to Oz

shipping from NZ to Oz

Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping from NZ to Oz

Has anyone had experience in shipping house and home from Auckland to Melbourne? The best/cheapest? Ta
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:07 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping from NZ to Oz

Not to Melbourne but to Gold Coast. All the major companies came in around $12k to GC and $11K to Brisbane last August/Oct time for a 40 feet container.

There wasn't much to choose between them in terms of service, I'd shop around though for insurance.

We used Pickfords in the end and their packaging and unloading were fine, got a bit delayed by Christmas and I had to chase them for a delivery date because they were so busy delivering around here.

Anything else you need to know just ask.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nerine
Not to Melbourne but to Gold Coast. All the major companies came in around $12k to GC and $11K to Brisbane last August/Oct time for a 40 feet container.

There wasn't much to choose between them in terms of service, I'd shop around though for insurance.

We used Pickfords in the end and their packaging and unloading were fine, got a bit delayed by Christmas and I had to chase them for a delivery date because they were so busy delivering around here.

Anything else you need to know just ask.
Thanx so much! My sister's in NZ and will be moving over so may ask you some more questions at a later date.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:32 am

Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

$6K from ChCh to Brisbane, the full contents of a 3 bedroom house, everything including hosepipes

Then $8K back from insurance claims

But I had to fight for it, if someone can let me know how to attach a word document I'll post it on here, quite funny to see what insurance companies try and get away with!:curse:
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
$6K from ChCh to Brisbane, the full contents of a 3 bedroom house, everything including hosepipes

Then $8K back from insurance claims

But I had to fight for it, if someone can let me know how to attach a word document I'll post it on here, quite funny to see what insurance companies try and get away with!:curse:
What company did you use? Shipping and insurance please? Sorry can't tell you how to attach a doc....
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:18 am

Ian look for the little paperclip - next to the smiley in the tool bar at the top of the reply box, you can attach a word doc that way.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

What paper clip?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:47 am

Click on "new reply" not "quick reply"....see that blue frame around where you type in your message? the paper clip is there.
Attached Thumbnails shipping from NZ to Oz-paperclip.jpg  
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Ta Luv,

Here you go!

2nd Letter to Insurance company.doc

Have a Laugh !

Bloody Insurance companies
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:39 am

Oh Ian!! That's a great letter - what a load of muppets!
Did they cough up in the end?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nerine
Oh Ian!! That's a great letter - what a load of muppets!
Did they cough up in the end?

Yep $8K worth

Result, but it took 4-6 months
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy24 will become famous soon enough

Loved the letter Ian - chricky were the insurance people thick or what

Glad you got your compensation

Tracy
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Ta Luv,

Here you go!

Attachment 64825

Have a Laugh !

Bloody Insurance companies
Well done!!
Can I have the name of the shipping company please?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by talbot
Well done!!
Can I have the name of the shipping company please?
Allied movers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.