Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping my vw camper

shipping my vw camper

Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

tricky nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping my vw camper

Can anyone recommend a good shipping agent for classic cars, I spoke to a guy from John Mason's and he painted a very bad picture He told stories of people ragging your motors up and down the dock's, parts going missing, scraches, dents:scared: :scared: so just wondered if anyone can help. I also heard that you have to pay around 25% of the value of the vehicle, is this true ? and is there any discounts because it a classic vehicle. Its 1967 left hand drive split screen camper {its the dogs danglers}

Cheers

Nick
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:26 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi nick,

i can't help you with the shipping, but i restored a bug quite a while back and have a soft spot for the old dubs. Upload a pic or two for us.

Cheers

Leigh
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi nick,

i can't help you with the shipping, but i restored a bug quite a while back and have a soft spot for the old dubs. Upload a pic or two for us.

Cheers

Leigh
Attached Thumbnails shipping my vw camper-expat-image4.jpg  
Old Dec 6th 2003, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi nick,

Cheers

Leigh
Hi Leigh,
hope you like the pics, have a look on our website if you like v dubs its www.busgutz.com

take it easy
Attached Thumbnails shipping my vw camper-expat-image2.jpg  
Old Dec 6th 2003, 6:01 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

cheers nick!

you'd be mental not to take her, you're right, the dog's doo'darrs in deed! Very clean! excellent photos as well!

i've been toying with the idea of getting another bug or camper when i get to Oz, god knows how common they are over there. But they're pretty cheap and easy to run which will suit me down to the ground. Hopefully they like the warm weather over there more than the cold over here! Mine used to be a bug'er to run in the winter, but saying that who's isn't!

Good luck with the shipping!

Leigh
Old Dec 6th 2003, 6:26 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Try these people:

www.karmanshipping.com

I think you're about right on the tax, 10% export duty and 10% GST. This site should tell you.

Jane
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:00 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nick,

Shipping the camper has been the topic of conversation in our house today. Unfortunately we aren't lucky enough to have a bay or a splittie, we had to settle for a T25. I want to take my 1974 Beetle too. Were you at Vanfest or GBVF this year at Malvern. I'm hoping that since there are a few companies importing VW's from Australia that it shouldn't be too difficult for us to get our hands on a nice Bay and a Beetle when we get there, but Andrew wants to take ours. I shall be keeping an eye on this thread so we can get some info too. Good luck and best wishes getting the VW out to Oz.

Sarah
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Try these people:

www.karmanshipping.com

I think you're about right on the tax, 10% export duty and 10% GST. This site should tell you.

Jane
Cheers for the help folks
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by teach
Hi Nick,

Shipping the camper has been the topic of conversation in our house today. Unfortunately we aren't lucky enough to have a bay or a splittie, we had to settle for a T25. I want to take my 1974 Beetle too. Were you at Vanfest or GBVF this year at Malvern. I'm hoping that since there are a few companies importing VW's from Australia that it shouldn't be too difficult for us to get our hands on a nice Bay and a Beetle when we get there, but Andrew wants to take ours. I shall be keeping an eye on this thread so we can get some info too. Good luck and best wishes getting the VW out to Oz.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,
Ye we were at Vanfest {we did a trade stand for interiors} dont remember much
i'm sure you know what I mean, top show and great weather, we will be at most shows next year, so come and say hello. Look out for busgutz, there will be a cool beer waiting !!!!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:31 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I will do that cheers. I visited your trade stand a few times but because we knew we were off didn't buy anything. Probably for the best too as I spent rather a lot of time with a tinnie in my hand, lol.

Sarah