Reload this Page >

Shipping my two Dogs

Shipping my two Dogs

Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

chrissie181 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping my two Dogs

Hi

Im planing on shipping my two Old English Sheep Dogs with Airpets when we move out to the sunshine coast in July.
As anyone used Airpets?
i would also be grateful for any tips or experiences you could share with me on taking your Dogs, Quarantine ect. They will be quarantined in Sydney.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping my two Dogs

Hi,

Can't comment on dogs, but we brought two cats with us. We used Animal Airlines and they were great. Ours were quarantined in Melbourne, and were really well looked after. I'm sure your two dogs will come through it just as well as our cats did.

Katie
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrissie181
Hi

Im planing on shipping my two Old English Sheep Dogs with Airpets when we move out to the sunshine coast in July.
As anyone used Airpets?
i would also be grateful for any tips or experiences you could share with me on taking your Dogs, Quarantine ect. They will be quarantined in Sydney.
We used Golden Arrow but have heard just as much good things about Airpets. Our girl was in Perth and we had no problems at all with her. Quarantine is not like home but they do all right. Apart from her bark going a bit strange our girl was back to normal within a few days of coming out. If you do a search there is lots on here about peoples experiences of moving their dogs over. Good luck
Tracie
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks.

I will have a good search through the posts.
I must say I am expecting them to go a bit loop the loop when they get out of quarantine.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Robbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura about

We used Airpets to ship our 3 legged greyhound to Melbourne last October. Everything went fine and he came out of quarantine in great condition and settled immediately into his new life.
We chose them because they had the nearest Office to the airport (at the end of the runway at Heathrow) this meant he would be in a container for the least amount of time before flying out.
The other regional shippers we checked out had hours to travel to the airport and in some cases they flew them down to Heathrow early in the morning before the night time departure, and although they were exercised it still meant several more hours in the crate than using the option we chose.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thats good to know, thank you.

I have decided to definitely go with Airpets, as you say its less time they have to spend in a crate.
Did you visit your Dog while it was in Quarantine? Its possible to visit for half an hour twice a week, but Im not sure what to do as this might just unsettle them seeing me and not being able to come home.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Our dog is going on 24th July, and we have taken the hard decision not to visit her because she is going to be about 900miles away from where we are staying, and i think to visit her for a couple of hours twice a week would do our hearts damage(!). We have arranged for a dog walker for her so that she gets daily excercise away from the kennels, and just hope this keep her happy.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Robbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura about

Hi ,
We did not go to visit our dog when he was in Quarentine, leaving him at the kennels before departure was upsetting enough.
We shipped him out 2 weeks before we left the UK so when we arrived we only had to wait another 2 weeks to see him. It worked really well doing it this way, previously when we moved house he got really stressed seeing all the furniture going so at least we got to pack without him fussing about!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

As anyone used Airpets?
My GSD arrived all in one piece at Quarantine in Sydney with no problems at all. I didnt visit him as I didnt want to unsettle him.He had a bit of a runny tum on arrival but that soon cleared up. I had him vaccinated for heartworm while in the kennels (transmitted by mozzies) which was a bit expensive but gave me less to worry about. The staff were brilliant. He was then flown up to us by Dogtainers.
I burst into tears when I saw his crate being unloaded. What a twit!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough

Hi

As anyone used Airpets?

I brought my Golden Retriever and two cats via Airpets and had no problems, they arrived safely and were quaranteened for 28 days at Eastern Creek. you can go and visit them as many times as you like - cost about 1400 dollars for the quarantine on top of the fee i paid Airpets. Lack of contact would be the only problem i had with them, i knew the flight they were on but would have liked a phone to say they went off ok and landed ok - you just get paperwork sent from quarantine place letting you know they are ok and the cost and when to pay.

But animals were in good condition when i collected them and have never regretted bringing them with us.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Robbie Boy
Hi ,
We did not go to visit our dog when he was in Quarentine, leaving him at the kennels before departure was upsetting enough.
We shipped him out 2 weeks before we left the UK so when we arrived we only had to wait another 2 weeks to see him. It worked really well doing it this way, previously when we moved house he got really stressed seeing all the furniture going so at least we got to pack without him fussing about!
Hi,

We did exactly the same - before and afterwards and I think it works really well.

The only slight concern for us was the pressure to get a rental within 2 weeks because the dog was due but it worked out fine.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Robbie Boy
Hi ,
You can't visit them in quarantine for the 1st week really as they are not allowed outside., then after that week you have to book a 20 min slot to play outside.
We exported a 13 week old pup to Oz last year , used Ryslip, they collected him from our house etc.
He did the 30 days at Sydney with no probs and still thinks he is invincible!
We are now applying to emigrate to join him(!) and will be taking his mum, sister and 1/2 sister with us. I will use Ryslip again.
Cathy