Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping motorbikes...

shipping motorbikes...

Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:08 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default shipping motorbikes...

has anyone shipped their motorbike? was a box provided by your shipping agt or did you have to find your own and how'd it go when it arrived with customs, were they all over it like a rash? and of course the biggie...was there any damage in transit :scared: (gulp) Any comments gratefully recieved by very nervous other half ta!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:15 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping motorbikes...

Originally Posted by squeezzii
has anyone shipped their motorbike? was a box provided by your shipping agt or did you have to find your own and how'd it go when it arrived with customs, were they all over it like a rash? and of course the biggie...was there any damage in transit :scared: (gulp) Any comments gratefully recieved by very nervous other half ta!
I looked into this about 2 years ago, was going to ship bike from Oz to UK. I had to drain oil and full tanks. As for crates, they were going to supply a box, But, I went to the motorcycle shop and they said I could use one of there crates that they recieve there new bikes in, which had all the brakets too fasten your front wheel. Take your mirrors off front wheel. Cover indicaters with bubble rap etc. Use tie downs, then put the box together.
I never sent my bike though as it seemed a little expensive for me. Good luck with it.
Jim