Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I bring my van if its registered under my LTD company not my persnal name

Can I bring my van if its registered under my LTD company not my persnal name

Old Apr 29th 2012, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Midwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really nice
Default Can I bring my van if its registered under my LTD company not my persnal name

My husband owns a Vauxhall Vivaro LWB 2008 model and looking at bringing it to oz, However it is registered in the company name as he works as a Ltd company rather than self assessment due to tax reasons.

So the rule that you must have owned it for 12 months - Would that permit/not permit us to bring it to Oz?

My personal name is incorporated into the business name

ie JBloggs Drylining Ltd

Cheers
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:48 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring my van if its registered under my LTD company not my persnal name

If all the papwerwork ties up to verify ownership it should be OK. However, I doubt it's worth bringing a van over. The cost of shipping / customs fees / duty/ GST etc would make it too expensive. Sell it and pick up a Hyundai i-load here for a good price instead.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring my van if its registered under my LTD company not my persnal name

Originally Posted by Midwife99
My husband owns a Vauxhall Vivaro LWB 2008 model and looking at bringing it to oz, However it is registered in the company name as he works as a Ltd company rather than self assessment due to tax reasons.

So the rule that you must have owned it for 12 months - Would that permit/not permit us to bring it to Oz?

My personal name is incorporated into the business name

ie JBloggs Drylining Ltd

Cheers
Pointless bringing it over - you won't be able to get parts for it and the A/C is probably not up to the job in summer when its 40+ outside.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

i would research first, I had a Vauxhall Anatara back in the UK, got told dont bring it not worth it etc, however when we got here we brought a new Holden Captiva 5 exactly the same as our one in the UK, most of the parts will work inside, personally i would bring it if you can afford to as second hand cars are so expensive over here!
Old May 1st 2012, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Pointless bringing it over - you won't be able to get parts for it and the A/C is probably not up to the job in summer when its 40+ outside.
Amendment to my post - they are sold here as Renault Traffics which means you may have some parts compatibilty but Renaults are not cheap to maintain here.

Unless you are sure you can pay for shipping, import tax, fees, compliance costs, loss on resale 'cos its an import and STILL be ahead financially, don't do it.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Needs to be registered in your name and available for continuous use by you for a period of 12 months or more prior to shipping to Australia.

In addition you will need to obtain a DOTARS permit prior to the vehicle arriving in Australia and CFC regulations mean that it is cheaper to have the air con de-gassed prior to shipping and re-gassed after arrival.

Also note that for registration the vehicle has to have a plate fixed to it stating that it is a personal import (we call em grey imports here) and this will affect the re-sale value.

Worth doing if the vehicle is high value (I'm coming over there for 2 years, buying a car and caravan) then bringing em back to Oz as personal imports.

Worth doing, because I can pick up a 05-06 BMW diesel estate for under
$10k in the Uk and they sell for over $40k here.

Do your sums and if it is worth it then do it.