Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping to melourne

shipping to melourne

Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation shipping to melourne

I´ll be moving to melbourne third week of April, and will ship 2 teachests (150kg) to melbourne with some of our stuff.

The shipper in my country have offered a sustantially reduced price if they only deliver the chests to the Melbourne Airport (at customs).

Does anybody now of any shipper/customs agent who can be hired to do the customs clearance and deliver the chests to the city?

Thanks in advance for any pointer...

Enrique.-
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Are chest coming by sea or air? If sea, ask why deliver to airport as ports have their own Customs and Quarantine facilities? If your shipper was reputable they would orgainize with their agents here to handle your goods. Be careful not to pack plants or plant material in them and make sure the chests are free of any pests or foriegn material likely to upset Customs/AQIS(quarantine).

When my wife came out she sent some gear out by plane first and I had to personally go to the agents, collect the paperwork, take the goods both to Customs and AQIS for inspection and then explain why I was collecting and not her(the addressee).

You may have to leave the chests with them until you get here and then go and claim them. You will need to allow a couple of hours for collection, inspection and paperwork- only able to go at certain times of the day-need to check when open.

Find out from your shipper who their agent here is, location, and get copies any documentation so that you can keep track of what is actually happening to the chests and fees charges by Customs and AQIS charge for inspections- yes they do charge extra $$$$ for this service.

Last edited by The Bloke; Mar 12th 2004 at 7:54 am.