Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping from Lancashire to BRisbane

shipping from Lancashire to BRisbane

Old May 4th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Vic_Eddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping from Lancashire to BRisbane

has anyone got any recommendations for shipping firms who are able to do door to door shipping from Lancashire through to the Gold Coast?
and if any of you have any personal experiences you would like to share, please could you give me an idea of the timescale and costs to you???
thanks!!
Old May 5th 2011, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice
Default Re: shipping from Lancashire to BRisbane

we used GB Liners, A 40 foot container filled door to door,packed/unpacked about 5k pound and 700 odd insurance on top, est value 26K. About 8 weeks and they said allow 9. And remove from your house anything you do not want to take, If its not bolted down they will put it in a box. They were not the cheapest but there are many horror stories out there. I`m sure it happens to the best of them but I had no complaints.
Old May 5th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Cheshire to brisbane - 8 weeks door to door 40ft cost £7000 with doree bonner - happy with service - try to send stuff a few weeks b4 you leave so it arrives as you move into a permenant rental - doree bonner would store free for a few weeks through Grace over here. Its far easier to camp out / stay with friends in uk and it was great for kids and us to get stuff the day we moved in.
Dont forget to ship fave toiletries - they cost alot more here- head to Boots 3 for 2 offers - sellotape put in a clipped box to ship !!!
Ohh and shoes either cheap or expensive here and so hard to buy mail order...
Old May 7th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

We used John Masons.
Moved from Rochdale in March 2009. Filled a 40" container (to the brim) which cost $3500 + insurance.
I would definitely recommend them. Two guys came in like packing ninjas, took 1 and a 1/2 days to pack up the whole contents of our house and get it into the container with military precision.

Amazing service, I could not recommend them highly enough - their office is in Liverpool I think.

Last edited by CharleneG; May 7th 2011 at 9:52 am.