Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Kid's Outdoor Toys

Shipping Kid's Outdoor Toys

Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:51 am
Just Joined

snaileyes11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Kid's Outdoor Toys

We are moving to Brisbane early next year, and forward planning, was just wondering if anyone has shipped the kids outdoor equipment, stuff like trampoline, swings and slide, wooden playhouse ? what is required to be able to ship ?

many thanks in advance
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Kid's Outdoor Toys

As long as they're clean of all grass, mud etc they'll be fine. Do a pressure wash, some WD40 on any nuts bolts etc and you shouldn't have a problem.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

If they are Little Tikes, Id ship them.
I cant believe the price of some of the Little Tikes stuff I left behind.

The Aussie versions fade in the sun and look crap after a few months.

J
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
If they are Little Tikes, Id ship them.
I cant believe the price of some of the Little Tikes stuff I left behind.

The Aussie versions fade in the sun and look crap after a few months.

J
The UK stuff would presumably fade just as quick in the Aus sun compared to the UK sun. Just a thought
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

No the Little Tikes doesnt. I did bring a couple of smaller things in my shipping including a Little Tikes dumper truck (sit and ride).
After 3 years in the WA garden it the same colour.

Aussie brand stuff Ive bought here faded withing 12months.

Not sure what Little Tikes put in their plastic but it withstands the harsh sun.

J
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Hi
Just arrived in Brisbane so ship not arrived...

We packed tp climbing frame slide swing bikes etc. As previously suggested jet wash wipe with jayes.. I put buckets and spades etc in the dishwasher.

I'll let you know in 3/4 weeks how it went...
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
No the Little Tikes doesnt. I did bring a couple of smaller things in my shipping including a Little Tikes dumper truck (sit and ride).
After 3 years in the WA garden it the same colour.

Aussie brand stuff Ive bought here faded withing 12months.

Not sure what Little Tikes put in their plastic but it withstands the harsh sun.

J
Probably some kind of lead based paint that's banned here.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Our container was delivered on Friday. We had outdoor furniture, pool toys, trampoline, gardening stuff etc. The only two things we were pulled up on was a school project containing plants, rocks and dirt (model of an Andersons Shelter) and our lawnmower. They destroyed the school project and the lawn mower cost $110 to have it cleaned.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

All of our TP climbing frame, swing, slide came through fine - we just cleaned the mud off the bottom poles and like others said pressure wash, possibly jeyes fluid disinfectant. Bikes were all fine, even our tents. The only thing that we had to pay for was for kayaks and equipment to be gamma and cold treated!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

The wooden playhouse may cause more of a problem. We left ours behind because it was home made. If it's a factory made and timber treated you should be OK. It all depends how the removals people describe things on the boxes.