Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping - John Mason

Shipping - John Mason

Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

oDBA is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Shipping - John Mason

We are heading off to Melbourne next Friday and we have John Mason's guys here right now completing the 2nd day of packing and loading the 20ft container (hopefully, they reckon it's going to be tight) with the contents of our 3 bed house.

The stress of the packing has been enormous over the last two weeks. We completely under-estimated how long it actually takes you to prepare to get rid of your junk, the amount of time spent having to use e-bay, sorting out banking, moving money from house sale (with 10k transfer limit without written notification) and moving all your stuff. I work in IT, so I should have known that whatever you think it will be, quadruple it!

Anyway, stress is lifting now, thanks to the marvellous guys from john Mason (Rich and Tom) who have been very polite/friendly, worked extremely hard, quickly and efficiently whilst protecting our possessions.
John Mason gave us a competitive quote and we have liked their service from the estimator (Barry) to loading, very pleased so far.

So we are off Friday 23/9 with Cathay Pacific, a few days in HK then onto Melbourne, staying in Preston in a Corporate Keys apartment. Only need to find a job next as an Oracle DBA.

Alan & Anne
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - John Mason

You have picked a good city to live in - there's a lot of work here in IT right now. Try my place - www.ibm.com/au

BB
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:08 am
Just Joined

oDBA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BuzzyBee,

Thanks for the info. It's funny that you have posted on my thread as I have long admired your posts. It was your post on your Melbourne reccie that made up our minds to go to Melbourne and not Perth.
Hope to speak to you again.

Alan
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oDBA
Hi BuzzyBee,

Thanks for the info. It's funny that you have posted on my thread as I have long admired your posts. It was your post on your Melbourne reccie that made up our minds to go to Melbourne and not Perth.
Hope to speak to you again.

Alan
Wow! I hope you find Melbourne as fantastic as we have then - I feel terribly responsible!

BB