Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Inventory

Shipping Inventory

Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Shipping Inventory

OK

I am sat here at the moment with the form the shippers have given me for removal. Can anyone give me advice on how they filled theirs in.

Large items are no problem, I can list the items of furniture. The main problem I have is listing the clothes and toys. It appears, for the kids, that I just put a bulk price in but for myself and hubby, we have to list every item. Also the toys. Have you tried looking through toy boxes of kids wo are 8 & 10 and counting all the mini action figures, pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards etc. They don't come in sets so can't do it that way.

Also, during our mass clear out over the last couple of weeks, we have managed to reduce everything considerably. The problem here is the only way I was able to do that was to box everything up and put it in the shed. I therefore have loads of boxes that I know the packers are going to re-pack but can't get to them to check what is in them to list.

Can anyone give me advice on what they have done.

Thanks

Debs
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

jacksoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shipping Inventory

Debs, like you, we have 2 kids. We listed everything, but as a bulk lot. ie. 53 Yugio figures = 25 pounds. We listed all our china & guestimated how much it would be to replace if broken, which was hard as we had collected alot of stuff when we lived abroad previously. Word of caution: Various bits were damaged in transit & some plates, so I no longer had a full set. Read the small print of your insurance - we insured for full replacement (so we thought) but only got a percentage of what THEY thought it was worth.
Does this help?!!
Jacksoo

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
OK

I am sat here at the moment with the form the shippers have given me for removal. Can anyone give me advice on how they filled theirs in.

Large items are no problem, I can list the items of furniture. The main problem I have is listing the clothes and toys. It appears, for the kids, that I just put a bulk price in but for myself and hubby, we have to list every item. Also the toys. Have you tried looking through toy boxes of kids wo are 8 & 10 and counting all the mini action figures, pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards etc. They don't come in sets so can't do it that way.

Also, during our mass clear out over the last couple of weeks, we have managed to reduce everything considerably. The problem here is the only way I was able to do that was to box everything up and put it in the shed. I therefore have loads of boxes that I know the packers are going to re-pack but can't get to them to check what is in them to list.

Can anyone give me advice on what they have done.

Thanks

Debs
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jacksoo
Debs, like you, we have 2 kids. We listed everything, but as a bulk lot. ie. 53 Yugio figures = 25 pounds. We listed all our china & guestimated how much it would be to replace if broken, which was hard as we had collected alot of stuff when we lived abroad previously. Word of caution: Various bits were damaged in transit & some plates, so I no longer had a full set. Read the small print of your insurance - we insured for full replacement (so we thought) but only got a percentage of what THEY thought it was worth.
Does this help?!!
Jacksoo
Do I presume that I have to list everything then, or just the things I want to be insured?

Debs
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:30 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Do I presume that I have to list everything then, or just the things I want to be insured?

Debs
Hi Debs
We are going through the same thing, we are packing anything 'soft' (unbreakable) and the shippers are doing ornaments etc.... however I have found on BE that there is a good insurance company to use, I don't know about you, but our shippers are charging 3% for insurance, do a search on here for insurance shipper's, (I'm at work at the moment and so don't have access to an email at home can't remember their name) but they charge 1.5% so half the price. We are insuring everything for half what the shippers said, also we can include all the stuff that we are packing, they cover sea water mould etc....
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Hi Debs
We are going through the same thing, we are packing anything 'soft' (unbreakable) and the shippers are doing ornaments etc.... however I have found on BE that there is a good insurance company to use, I don't know about you, but our shippers are charging 3% for insurance, do a search on here for insurance shipper's, (I'm at work at the moment and so don't have access to an email at home can't remember their name) but they charge 1.5% so half the price. We are insuring everything for half what the shippers said, also we can include all the stuff that we are packing, they cover sea water mould etc....
Thank you so much for that. Just spoken to a very, very nice man who has been extremely helpful. He had a good laugh about the forms I was trying to fill in and is sending his out today. Not only has he saved me a lot of work, but also a lot of money as my shipper was going to charge me 3% as well.

Debs