Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping insurance - specifically for work tools

Shipping insurance - specifically for work tools

Old May 19th 2007, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

nsrjo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping insurance - specifically for work tools

Can anyone suggest an independant insurance company for shipping insurance APART from Letton Percival that will insure work tools as well as household effects.

We are only taking a few personal effects which valuewise are fairly insignificant, but have a rare motorcycle as well as large number of hand and powertools from my partner's background as an engineer and my motorcycle business.

Valuewise the tools and motorcycle are signifcantly more than our personal effects. Whilst Letton Percival's will do cover for "tools of the trade" as they call them, the value of the cannot exceed 50% of the value of our household goods which in our case they do, hence we cannot use them.

Can anyone suggest someone else to try as the shippers own insurance is working out at around £1500.00.

Thanks