Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance

Shipping Insurance

Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice
Default Shipping Insurance

Hi there

Pickfords are coming to move our possessions next week but I haven't sorted insurance yet. I'm about to apply for quotes but notice that one of the questions asked is - value of goods at destination - does this mean that you need to give an AUD replacement value? If yes, how did anyone do this calculation as I realise that a lot of the stuff we're bringing would be much more expensive in Oz than here.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping Insurance

Hi we used Pickfords and shopped around for insurance and found http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/ to be the cheapest by far!! It was quite hard to get the prices etc sorted as we didn't have a clue what it would cost to replace but we worked it out by doing the price here then added half (cost £100 here, cost £150 to replace, then into dollars), probably not what everyone would do but that's what the guy on the end of the phone said to do. I did ring them about 30 times before I got my head round it but done it in the end.. They're really helpful too..

Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Hi we are using Letton Percival for our move in a weeks time. We tried to keep the costs down by coming up with a total figure for our shipment, its probably a lot lower than I would insure it here. However there are so many other expenses & as long as we don't lose the container to the ocean, it will cover damage to bits & pieces. Once we had the figure we broke it down into each room on Letton's form. Hope this helps
Old Jul 31st 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice

Thanks for the replies - I'll contact Letton Percival tomorrow - will be so glad to get this over with!