Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance

Shipping Insurance

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping Insurance

I disagree with lots of the above. We've used them both.

They wanted professional packing. Assuming this was the case, they were happy to insure us for storage (we had 3 weeks before our items left Perth).

We had damage on unpacking - a guy dropped a mirror and LP paid out for that.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
How long do LP take to confirm the insurance details (the premium amount and bank details? We signed and sent their form two days ago and are now panicking as they've still not responded (the packers are coming on Monday)

Ta
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Hi,
How long do LP take to confirm the insurance details (the premium amount and bank details? We signed and sent their form two days ago and are now panicking as they've still not responded (the packers are coming on Monday)

Ta
Bump, anyone?

If I don't hear from them today, will probably have to go with insure-your-move.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Kristar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IndieG
Hi,
Just need some advice with regards to insurance - currently talking to Letton Percival.

At what point did your cover start and cease? Did it include damage done by movers when packing and unpacking?

Am insuring some high value paintings and fine porcelain artefacts. They have advised that if damaged, the stuff would be repaired where practical, if not then replaced. How can they repair a damaged painting or broken china ware? I'm not sure I'd be very happy with my porcelain stuck back together with glue or stitched up canvas

Any pitfalls I should be aware of? I'm taking plenty of photos to show the condition prior to shipment, to be on the safe side.
Just make sure you read the full terms and conditions of the removal company and question any queries that you may have. I am trying this Bishops Move, this is their insurance information http://residential.bishopsmove.com/p...-new/index.htm
They will offer insurance advice and arrange it on your behalf if you need.
Good luck,
Kristar