Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping insurance

shipping insurance

Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Shot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really nice
Default shipping insurance

hi guys,
done a search but could not find what i was after.

we just sorting out our shipping, and wanted to know whats the best way of doing the insurance.

do we put down the Oz price of good or the UK price of goods,

reason i ask is because we have Le Creuset cookware,
over here the Griddle pan costs £65 in oz it's $250 so there is a big price difference

got a few of them and just wanted to know the best way to go about it.

cheers

Shot81
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping insurance

Originally Posted by Shot81
hi guys,
done a search but could not find what i was after.

we just sorting out our shipping, and wanted to know whats the best way of doing the insurance.

do we put down the Oz price of good or the UK price of goods,

reason i ask is because we have Le Creuset cookware,
over here the Griddle pan costs £65 in oz it's $250 so there is a big price difference

got a few of them and just wanted to know the best way to go about it.

cheers

Shot81
Put down the replacement cost of the goods in Oz dollars as that's where you'll be replacing them.

Otherwise they won't pay out the full amount of any claim.

Good luck!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You should estimate the replacement value of the goods, so in your example if your saucepan goes missing and you said £65 that is all you would be paid out which would be insufficient if you have to spend $250 on a new one.

Having said that, I recommend thinking carefully about what you insure because it can get very expensive if you insure absolutely everything. I was very selective about what I insured and it still cost me £1,000. It is unlikey that Le Creuset cookware would be damaged in the move as it is so hardwearing, it is either stolen (quite unlikely), your ship will sink (even less likely) or you will get it in one piece.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Shot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really nice

Might just take a few in the suitcase lol, they are wedding presents so would hate for them to go missing if they did,

Will put down the OZ price for the rest.

Thanks for all your help.

P.S I don’t rant all the time do i

Shot81
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shot81
Might just take a few in the suitcase lol, they are wedding presents so would hate for them to go missing if they did,

Will put down the OZ price for the rest.

Thanks for all your help.

P.S I don’t rant all the time do i

Shot81
No you don't. Good luck!