Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping insurance

shipping insurance

Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice
Default shipping insurance

So when you get your quote for 20ft container, lets say £3,300 add 2.5% value for insurance, How much do you end up paying for insurance on top of your shipping quote. If we had £10,000 insured does that mean we have to pay £2,500 ontop of your shipping quote or am i being thick?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:57 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: shipping insurance

£2,500 x 4 = £10,000, so that would be 25%!

Drop a zero, and you get £250.

(Unless I'm the one being thick?)
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:56 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by linds
So when you get your quote for 20ft container, lets say £3,300 add 2.5% value for insurance, How much do you end up paying for insurance on top of your shipping quote. If we had £10,000 insured does that mean we have to pay £2,500 ontop of your shipping quote or am i being thick?
Yeah - a little blond must be showing 2.5% of £10000 is £250. Plus insurance premium tax I would imagine (about 5% of the £250)
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Antonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really niceAntonia_and_Sean is just really nice

Call Letton Percival and it'll be 1.6%, that'll be £160 plus 5% which is a total of £168 - I amaze myself sometimes!!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

CnG-OZ Bound will become famous soon enough

See this Posting from my OH on a similar thread. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508862

Chris
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice

Thanks guys, no excuses im rubbish with maths! My head is fried with all the quotes and small print!