Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance

Shipping Insurance

Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:40 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Insurance

hi guys, does anyone know of a company that offers shipping insurance?
I have looked on the net but most companies i have come across seem to charge you a minimum £300 - £400 plus a £400 excess plus the £300 we have already paid to have them shipped!
Considering its a couple of boxes of personal belongings that is probably worth no more than £1500 it doesnt seem viable to me!
any ideas guys??
regards
vb2
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:25 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Insurance

Originally Posted by vb2
I have looked on the net but most companies i have come across seem to charge you a minimum £300 - £400 plus a £400 excess plus the £300 we have already paid to have them shipped!
Considering its a couple of boxes of personal belongings that is probably worth no more than £1500 it doesnt seem viable to me!
any ideas guys??
regards
vb2
We got a quote from Letton Percival who are only quoting 1.54% instead of the HUGE 3% or 4% of the shippers!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Independentfreight is an unknown quantity at this point

The laws on selling insurance changed in January 2005; that's why many freight companies (ourselves included!) don't offer it anymore. It's just too expensive to register with the Financial Services Authority if it's not your core activity !

Anyway, try Alec Finch & Co on 01422-323713

Thanks
Mike.

Last edited by Independentfreight; Feb 17th 2006 at 10:14 am.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:16 am
vb2

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

cheers guys!
vb2
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:21 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vb2
any ideas guys??
regards
vb2
I used www.lettonpercival.co.uk really helpful over the phone too...
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:22 am
vb2

just phoned them £30!!! he he i am buzzing so to speak!!
thanks guys you are stars!
regards
vb2